PDA

View Full Version : LSE MRes/PhD

2015app
02-03-2015, 06:44 PM
So there's a new post up on the gradcafe forum claiming a rejection decision from the LSE MRes/PhD. I had no idea LSE sent out decisions this early in the admissions cycle. What do you guys think? I mean it could probably be just another worried troll trying to blow off some steam but it now has me very anxious and unable to stop myself from checking the gradcafe page every few minutes. Has anyone heard from LSE MRes/PhD yet? Also, any predictions as to which schools might be sending out decisions next. I believe Brown sent out admits pretty early in the last admissions cycle.

ZYX
02-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I think LSE have rolling admissions.

SystemicRisk
02-03-2015, 08:43 PM
It is rolling. I applied (got a confirmation email in mid-December).

My status says still under-consideration... They say they try to let you know in 8 weeks, but with the PhD it might take longer. Past years seem to have not heard back till early March.

RandomWalrus
02-09-2015, 12:00 AM
1. It's definitely rolling.
2. Some rejections have definitely been made. A friend of mine was rejected a few days ago.

2015app
02-09-2015, 08:00 AM
So I guess it's rolling rejections and acceptances are probably sent out in March. I think the entire process is slightly different from the master's programmes.

fn90
02-11-2015, 11:24 AM
So there's a new post up on the gradcafe forum claiming a rejection decision from the LSE MRes/PhD. I had no idea LSE sent out decisions this early in the admissions cycle. What do you guys think? I mean it could probably be just another worried troll trying to blow off some steam but it now has me very anxious and unable to stop myself from checking the gradcafe page every few minutes. Has anyone heard from LSE MRes/PhD yet? Also, any predictions as to which schools might be sending out decisions next. I believe Brown sent out admits pretty early in the last admissions cycle.

I can confirm you i received an email for the interview. I applied on the latest day available

Michalz
02-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Interview for MRes/PhD in Economics at LSE? Strange...

rawls234
02-13-2015, 02:30 AM
I can confirm you i received an email for the interview. I applied on the latest day available

Are you sure you didn't apply for LSE finance?

fn90
02-13-2015, 01:27 PM
Yes, sorry. It’s LSE finance. My bad, I thought I was on the PhD Business section!:shy: