PDA

View Full Version : No word from ETS as yet [:(]

xaero
11-11-2002, 02:00 PM
Hi Erin,

Its already 5 weeks since I finished my GRE and I havent heard from the ETS people as yet about my AWA scores and the confirmation of my other section marks :(:(. Moreover, Seeny and Kaushik of the Forum, who had given the GRE (new) before me have the same story to say. Usually my fellow Indians who attempted the older pattern of GRE got their confirmations in about 3 weeks. Is there any delay in processing the essays included in the newer pattern of GRE??

bubble
11-17-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by xaero

Hi Erin,

Its already 5 weeks since I finished my GRE and I havent heard from the ETS people as yet about my AWA scores and the confirmation of my other section marks :(:(. Moreover, Seeny and Kaushik of the Forum, who had given the GRE (new) before me have the same story to say. Usually my fellow Indians who attempted the older pattern of GRE got their confirmations in about 3 weeks. Is there any delay in processing the essays included in the newer pattern of GRE??

Hi Xaero,
In the test center i met a guy who got his GRE score just 3-4 days before and he had taken GRE on 8th october. I think, International test takers get their score report generally after 1 month in the new format.

Anand
11-20-2002, 02:11 PM
Xaero...can you please throw some light on the scoring methodology..is it going to be out of 1600 ( Q + V ) and AWA or it will be out of 2400 AWA score scaled on 800...how will it be..???

xaero
11-21-2002, 12:44 AM
Hi Anand,

The revised GRE pattern remains unchanged in terms of the Q and V sections. Only the Analytical section has been scrapped and replaced with the AWA, which is scored on a scale of 0 to 6. Scaling this AWA score to 800, I presume, would be highly disproportionate and this method, I'm sure is not done. The marks are given separately, as in
Q-800, V-670 and AWA-5.

HTH,
Xaero