PDA

View Full Version : Final TOEFL Score

xaero
11-22-2002, 07:03 AM
Hi everyone,

I got the confirmation of my TOEFL score today and I've been awarded a 6 for my essay. So my final score becomes 287/300.

IMO, the TOEFL essays need to be structurally well formed, free from grammatically incorrect sentences and, of course, as suggested by Erin, having a minimal usage of the 'BIG WORDS FROM THE GRE LISTS' ;). Actually, my GRE AWA, I feel, was much more logically well built and had some 'actual' points to substantiate the topic, although I've been given a 5 for that [:o)].

Anyway, I presume a score of 287 would be a good one for most university admissions. I thank all TMians and dear ERIN for providing valuable feedback and advice regarding the Essay issues.
Xaero

erdtek
11-22-2002, 09:32 AM
[/SIZE]MARVELOUS SCORE , Sumanth !!![/SIZE]

Congratulaionts and keep the spirit of English :D !

synthia
11-22-2002, 11:17 AM
Hey Xaero,

:D GREATEST GOING!!!!:cool:

I knew it all the time during the practice sessions my friend. I knew u'd come to this:D:DCongratulations. God Bless You. All the Best. Do keep us informed of you appln. process.

ciquita0
11-22-2002, 11:22 AM
[Hello everybody,

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!
I think that you got the best score from all the ones that posted here with there Toefl results.

By the way, where from can I get the 'BIG WORDS FROM THE GRE LISTS' ?

Thanks a lot. :)

xaero
11-22-2002, 01:03 PM
THANKS A LOT, erdtek, Synthia and ciquita :). May the Spirit of English fly high!!

As for the admission process, right now I'm taking my time off as I'm applying only in 2003, thats for the Fall 2004 course. So, I presume, Synthia, that you guys would be well placed in some of the best univs by then ;). Anyway I'm looking forward to enlist myself in the Private TM Section for more admission info. Looking forward to it...

And ciquita, when I said the 'big words of the GRE', I meant those vocab words that I (and I presume most test takers, atleast in our country) look up in some of the GRE study books such as the Barrons, Kaplan and so on. These books publish word lists containing anywhere between 100 and 4000 words.

vrushali
11-22-2002, 02:20 PM
CONGRATULATIONG<font face="Impact"></font id="Impact">:)

amruta
11-22-2002, 02:23 PM
Congrats Xaero!! Great Work!!

Wish you all the best.

Amruta