PDA

View Full Version : Need help with pacing in GMAT Verbal

raniu
11-27-2002, 04:24 PM
My current GMAT Verbal score is 36. Pacing is a big problem with me. When I finish on time, I seem to lose out on accuracy.

Any tips on how to pace in the Verbal section.

Thanks,
Rani

Moved by Erin to appropriate forum.

dkpbus
11-28-2002, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by raniu

My current GMAT Verbal score is 36. Pacing is a big problem with me. When I finish on time, I seem to lose out on accuracy.

Any tips on how to pace in the Verbal section.

Thanks,
Rani

Hi Rani

You need to find out which is your weak area ? RC, CR or SC.

If RC is your weak area i.e. If you are taking llong to finish RC, than you need to improve your comprehension because increasing reading speed will increase the chances of wrong attempts. You can improve your comprehension by reading some good stuff regularly.

If SC is weak, First brush up your grammer basics from some good grammer book. Then concentrate on OG only. Try to identify in questions what is the error, check answers, eliminate wrong ones and then judiciously choose the best option.

For CR, you need to understand i.e. comprehend the statement first. It should be crystal clear to you. If you didn't understand read it again untill it is clear.

Pacing comes only from practice. if you're confident, you've practiced enough, you'll be able to pace yourself. But in the mean time find out why you are taking more time ? And then try to work on that weakness first.

Apart from this you need to have some strategies to attempt questions

See this topic

http://www.TestMagic.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2207

Hope that help