PDA

View Full Version : My experience.

Elena
12-06-2002, 09:03 PM
Hi,guys,
I had my TOEFL in october.I almost didn't have time to prepare for it because of my professional exam in november.So,I practiced the CD-ROMS:Kaplan's,Master the TOEFL,Barron's during last 4 days before the exam.I didn't write any essays .
The real TOEFL exam was longer and harder than I expected .I got 55 questions in the listening section.The short and long conversations were very easy,but lectures were hard and very long.The questions on lectures asked a lot of details...But my score was not bad,I got 21 although my score on CD-ROMs was about 25-28 on the listening section.
The grammar section was easy but had a few very hard questions.Finally,I got 24.
The reading section was very long but easy.The word questions were very-very easy for me.I finished this section with 55 questions much earlier than I expected.My score was 27.
The topic of the essay was not my favorite.I wrote it shorter than I planned because I was tired by the end of the exam.The essay rating was 4.
When I learnt about my final score 240,I was very upset .I need to get at least 250 to get postgraduate training.
My next TOEFL exam is on Dec 17.
I wish all of you good luck on your exams.

:o

bubble
12-07-2002, 04:36 PM
Hi Elena
240 is a decent score. there r many universities which ask for only 213.
Anway, now when u r taking it again, ALL THE BEST. This time u would definitely get more than 250.

atnoon
12-08-2002, 11:49 AM
[/SIZE]:)All the best, Elena:)[/SIZE]

Elena
12-09-2002, 01:45 AM
Hi,Guys,
Thank you very much.I hope I'll get 250 this time.
If you have any questions or advice,welcome.
Best wishes,
Elena.:)