PDA

View Full Version : How can I understand links at downdowndown.net?

tsdvj
12-26-2002, 02:26 AM
I have gone through various posts and read that downdowndown.net can provide some important practice. I read Erin saying that in one of the posts. Ananya said in one of the posts that the online tests in downdowndown are good.

I visited downdowndown and downloaded a couple of links -- I got one set of RC questions which are the same as those from OG. THe other link was a set of SC questions without the key.

Can you help me with the sequence of topics at downdowndown.net?

How do I get the tests? (Of course, I don't know Chinese..... :) )

Erin
12-27-2002, 08:32 PM
Easy answer: download everything. You will find a lot of overlap, typos, incorrect answers, poor image quality, but if you're looking for more practice, that's where it is.

Better answer: hover your mouse over the links and read the URL, since the URL's are in in English.

Make sure you have the status turned on in your browser. The stats bar is that space at the bottom where you can see where a link will take you when you hover your mouse over the link. It's turned on by default in IE (IE = Internet Explorer, the most used web browser), but to make sure, check this in IE:

View ==> Status Bar

And make sure "Status Bar" is checked.

ismail
02-02-2003, 03:15 AM
Thanks for your great information. Could you pls tell me what's the password of TOEFL SECTION grammar ?

http://www.taisha.org/download/TOEFL/other/grammar.zip

or the meaning of

Danke's TOEFL e-Materials
关于密码问题:部分pdf文件有密码,密码是pps-239

thanks once again

ismail

Erin
02-02-2003, 03:39 AM
Try this: pps-239

It worked for me. I simply used a translator to get the password; I surely cannot read Chinese!!!

ismail
02-03-2003, 03:19 AM
Many many thanks to you. You are really great.

Originally posted by Erin Billy

Try this: pps-239

It worked for me. I simply used a translator to get the password; I surely cannot read Chinese!!!

ismail
02-03-2003, 03:51 AM
Thanks Erin, I am really sorry that I have another question. could you pls help me? could you pls tell me for the listening section how can i hear the script. Only i got the script. but i can't hear it.

Thanks again

ismail

Erin
02-03-2003, 08:18 PM
You will need to find the recording separately. I think only a few are available. Look for the mp3 links.

LokeshRay
02-13-2003, 08:44 AM
i tried an online translation utility

http://babelfish.altavista.com
select translate chinese to english
there is an option to translate an entire page..
so just give URL

kiran79aggarwal
03-01-2003, 12:01 PM
I'm unable to download anything.........what should i do.......:(

kiran

flipman
03-25-2003, 07:11 AM
So I am looking at the material from downdowndown.net at this late hour of the evening/morning.

Are these close to the real deal?

Or are these just GMAT+ questions revisited, i.e. old retired actual ETS GMAT questions?

Erin
03-25-2003, 05:01 PM
I think a lot of the questions there overlap with the GMAT+ questions. In fact, most of this type of question you find on the 'net is the same, each site just copies from the other sites.

harbinger
05-15-2003, 08:38 AM
We still can get in downdowndown.net but almost all of the files there now are no longer available.

tcfpcm
06-06-2003, 01:17 PM
Is this true that there used to be more questions than there are now?

If this is this case, can someone that has all the files from before contact me and I will host the files somewhere else so we can all have access to them.

Thank you! My first post! :)

momokaka
06-13-2003, 02:47 PM
Hi friend,I am new in this forum and I just want to say thanks a lot for these sources aof information.So if anyone can tell me how to download GRe practices section in this website:)
http://www.taisha.org/

momokaka
06-13-2003, 03:12 PM
hi everybody
If someone can tell me how really to download preparation material from www.downdowndown.net,it seems like there is no files there anymore

vgjain
07-07-2003, 03:49 PM
Hi All,
Can you tell me how to use the site downdowndown.net since this is a chinese web site and I can't understand chinese. When I open this web site, IE tries to install some chinese fonts but fails.
Please tell me in detail how to read this site in english...

Originally posted by tsdvj

I have gone through various posts and read that downdowndown.net can provide some important practice. I read Erin saying that in one of the posts. Ananya said in one of the posts that the online tests in downdowndown are good.

I visited downdowndown and downloaded a couple of links -- I got one set of RC questions which are the same as those from OG. THe other link was a set of SC questions without the key.

Can you help me with the sequence of topics at downdowndown.net?

How do I get the tests? (Of course, I don't know Chinese..... :) )

Edited by Erin for utility.