PDA

View Full Version : Taking the test soon: What do I need to study?

dabbler
12-29-2002, 04:26 AM
Hello all,

I have my Gre slated for 2nd Jan. Can any of you tell me which are the topics in quant that are more prevalent in the test these days ?

It will be a great help. I badly need a 800 in quanti.

thanks

dabbler

Moved to appropriate forum by Erin.

Sri
12-29-2002, 02:30 PM
If my GRE was on Jan 2nd, I would just relax and enjoy the New Year's eve.....Stay cool and be cool, whatever u have studied and prepared slogging thru all those days shud have been stored in a very secure place in ur brain already and I am sure u wont forget anything in these couple of days....So JUST RELAX....

If u r still worried and u wanna study I would recommend just going thru some formulae in math and may be some words in verbal which u consistently forgot thru out ur prep ...This is definetely not the time to slog though....

GOOD LUCK AND WE'll BE WAITING FOR UR RESULTS (That is, if u feel like sharing with us :) )
-Sri.

raghuveer_v
12-29-2002, 05:47 PM
Yes, Sri is right,

You must have dabbled enough by now. In these last few days, you are not going to learn anything new altogether, but as Sri said, just review some basics and formulae....

- make sure you can quickly recollect the first few prime numbers,squares and cubes, pythogorian triads(a^2+b^2=c^2),formulae related to planar and 3D-geometry, statistics,...etc,

and rember not to hog your memory with unnecessary things. Give your hardware and software enough rest before the test. :)

All the best.

dabbler
12-30-2002, 03:03 AM
Thanks ! Will do as suggested.

I don't find myself very comfortable with probablity, otherwise I am well prepared.

By 3-D geometry do you mean mensuration ?

I am through with the Barron's list .

dabbler

Sri
12-30-2002, 03:20 AM
May be Raghuveer meant the area of triangle and volume of sphere kind of stuff...Isn't it Raghu??

-Sri.

raghuveer_v
01-01-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Sri

May be Raghuveer meant the area of triangle and volume of sphere kind of stuff...Isn't it Raghu??

-Sri.

Exactly!

All the very best, dabbler! Just do it.
Hoping to hear from you....