PDA

View Full Version : How should I study?

eminetanir
03-24-2002, 10:20 AM
Hi Erin.
I took TOEFL for two times. In the first exam, I received 187.
Listening 15, Structure/Writing 23(Essay 4.5), Reading 18.

In the second exam, Unfortunately my result only a little changed. My result 150-203(As far as I remember)Listening and reading score were the same as that of the first exam. Range of writing and structure were 11-29( as far as I remember.may be a little different)I haven't been received my total score.
As a result I can't managed to increase my score on TOEFL. Could give me any suggestion about how I should prepare TOEFL?

I extend you my best wishes:))))

Emine TANIR

Erin
03-24-2002, 08:22 PM
How have you been studying Emine? Are you using all the 'traditional' methods? And how many hours per day? It's important to know these things.

For most people, using a study guide and taking the test and reviewing it is very important. Raising your TOEFL score will involve lots of studying and learning. You can do this by reading a lot, trying to listen to authentic American broadcasts (covered in another post). I also believe one of the best things you can do is use an "English-English" dictionary to study, not a translation dictionary.

Post back with answers to the above questions, and we'll try to help you out, Emine!!

Hope that helps!

Please post further questions here.

Erin

Please search this newsgroup for FAQs & search TestMagic.com from the bottom of every page.

TestMagic.com
San Francisco, CA USA

eminetanir
03-25-2002, 04:38 AM
Hi Erin,
Nowadays I can't study but I want to begin study. When I studied for my first and second exam, I didn't have any special method. I tried to read texts and listen English. On the other hand, I wrote an essay one a week and my teacher, a German and knowing English, checked it. I think that method in writing was good. Especially I had (now also have)listening and reading problem. I haven't find my way to study English efficiently:( I think that I need to make English the part of my life. But how. Do I need a weekly or daily study plan?

Thanks for your efforts in this wonderful TOEFL training page :))))))

Emine TANIR

Erin
03-26-2002, 12:06 AM
Hello there!

First, you might have noticed that your post appeared five times. This is probably because after you wrote your reply, it didn't appear, right? If so, this happens all the time! Just refresh your browser to see changes.

Anyway, back to your question. Yes, you should make English a part of your daily life. Sooner or later you'll have to learn a lot of English (you're taking the TOEFL to study in the US, right??), and you might as well start now, especially since you need to take the TOEFL.

The bottom line: The more you study, the more your TOEFL score will go up!

Hope that helps!

Please post further questions here.

Erin

Please search this newsgroup for FAQs & search TestMagic.com from the bottom of every page.

TestMagic.com
San Francisco, CA USA