PDA

View Full Version : strategy to tackle both GRE & CAT parallely

roshan2k
01-11-2003, 08:02 PM
hi everybuddy,
Can any experienced login over there throw some light on what shud be the strategy to tackle both GRE & CAT parallely for a BTech iird yr guy ?
Knowing it's really tough to attend classroom courses for CAT in a curriculum tight schedule, what shud be the choice of student?
manish

LokeshRay
02-20-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by roshan2k

hi everybuddy,
Can any experienced login over there throw some light on what shud be the strategy to tackle both GRE & CAT parallely for a BTech iird yr guy ?
Knowing it's really tough to attend classroom courses for CAT in a curriculum tight schedule, what shud be the choice of student?
manish

da CAT math and Verbal IS WAy way tougher than GRE
while studying for CAT...start with da GRE word list
and the CAT CAREER FORUM word list..

this way you can BE assured that you are studying both in parallel
also,
you can start by getting a few notes on math and VERbal from IMS or CAREER FORUM
then have a look at da math n verbal syllabus of GRE
and start studying from the CAT notes.

this way you are not only prepared for GRE.
but you also have a head start for CAT before joining any classes.

LokeshRay
02-20-2003, 04:18 AM
Also , remember, there is no point in doing the reasoning part of CAT NOW sincE it would not benefit you in any way for GRE

arti
02-28-2003, 11:25 AM
Hi!

I Strongly suggest you NOT to put your foot in two boats at a time. Ask yourself what you really want to be, be focussed and then work towards the goal. Look at your strengths and things that make you unique....and then choose a path for yourself.

Believe me, it makes life much easier!!!

All the Best :)

roshan2k
04-03-2003, 06:41 PM
thanks for the suggestion and I really look for such people who can guide and talk to me on this issue.
But don't u think there is lot of uncertainity in today's scenario.Even if I focus only CAT(it's my priority), chances of final success isn't as bright as that was in IIT entrance for in this case sometimes work experience matters(changing pattern),there are hell lot of competitors from all spheres of study (science,commerce,enginnering) (MBA is now everyone's cup of tea).And if I focus only GRE(second priority) no one knows when shall I get my visa cleared for America in the prevailing situation(many times a student loses an academic yr).
Moreover syllabus of GRE and CAT aren't much different and this is what promted me to think for both for finally I am going to sail on one boat only and to me both seems to be appealing becoz I aim to go for higher studies.
I shall be glad to hear from u .Email -manishy2kiitr@yahoo.co.in
manish

Originally posted by arti

Hi!

I Strongly suggest you NOT to put your foot in two boats at a time. Ask yourself what you really want to be, be focussed and then work towards the goal. Look at your strengths and things that make you unique....and then choose a path for yourself.

Believe me, it makes life much easier!!!

All the Best :)

roshan2k
04-03-2003, 06:43 PM
Thanks a lot for the tips u provided.
manish
Originally posted by LokeshRay

Also , remember, there is no point in doing the reasoning part of CAT NOW sincE it would not benefit you in any way for GRE