PDA

View Full Version : I need tips for GRE preparation

Sheetal
01-13-2003, 08:33 AM
Hi Guys,

This is Amu from Bangalore. I have my GRE scheduled for 3rd March.

I have started studying for the examination.I using Barons.Pls give me tips on how to and how much to study in this short span to get best scores. Pls help me to plan my study schedule. I'm a software engineer and usaully work betn 10 am to 7 pm. So tht gives me 3 hrs in the morning and 2 hrs in the evening for studies. Iam not able to decide how to plan for studying and solving papers.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Amu

Title changed by Erin from:

Tips for GRE preparation

to

I need tips for GRE preparation

fire
01-17-2003, 01:17 PM
i'll take it in March too.
Now i'm put most of my energy on AWA

Bhargav
01-28-2003, 04:04 AM
hey sheetal this is bhargav , i am scheduled for 20th March , u have to do it very hard.. coz hardly have time.. , complete your barron's as soon as possible and also do not forget to revise them everyday.. , suppose u have completed first 10 lists then before going to the 11th read all the 10 lists , and try to remember them .. keep a pocket dictionary with u and read it all , as and when u get time , do not see the meaning first but first look at the word and try to guess the meaning , and once when u are firm with your guess then only see the correct meaning this will give u an idea how fast u can guess.
u can also learn greek roots from "Word power made easy -norman lewis" thats a good book and also contains good list. but barron's is the best.
once u complete this then u can go for big book.
give 15 days for verbals and rest for other topics ...

all the best..

bhargav

Sheetal
01-29-2003, 12:25 PM
Thanks Bhargav. I have completed the Hit Parade in Princeton Review and
around 25 worlists from Barron's.Iam comfortable with the quant section.
I need a few tips for the AWA preparation.