PDA

View Full Version : Some free online vocab gre prep site...

gudiachikku
01-18-2003, 07:03 PM
hi all,
if u have enuff time and want to test your vocab and celerity with which you answer try daily 10 new words at the site:
http://www.rd.com/common/nav/index.jhtml?channelId=6&subChannelId=&articleId=16300003&rightNavOn=no

I found even Number2.com very useful for sentence completion practice and other stuff.You might try it.

Erin
01-28-2003, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the links. :)

Tania
03-03-2003, 06:47 AM
It is known that Barron's Gre is not enough for vocab.
Nowadays, the GRE featutes words that are not from Barron's

How can i prepare for such words?
plz advise

Moizza
04-23-2003, 10:35 AM
Don't tell me that. I have my exam in a few days and i have only dome barron's word list. Are you sure that it is not enough? Can u plz tell me which other book should I consult?

ss6872
04-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Barron's word list is a very good base to start with, moizza. If you are pretty confident of the word list in Barron's, then go ahead and do Guru's word list, it is mostly a repitition of barrons' with a few extra words. So by doing Guru's word list you will get a good revision of the words you have already done, while adding a few more words to your vocab.

Also keep reading any newspapers, you are sure to come across some words that you might have recently learned, learning those words again in the context of a sentence in a news story, will agian reinforce it's meaning and it will be well established in your mind. Also you may come across new words, in the newspaper, which you should immediately look up in a dictionary and note the meaning.
Of course while reading a newspaper story also think about the main idea, purpose and tone of the passage. These will help with your RCs.

Vinay
04-23-2003, 10:37 PM
words in addition to Barron's, r u all guys kidding!!!

even those words r hard to digest.

Also most extra words r mostly interrelated so u do one and other one comes to u automatically.

Vinay