PDA

View Full Version : Scratch paper using during the GRE test

jasius
01-20-2003, 11:06 AM
HI!

I would like to know about scratch paper using during the GRE computer based test. I used to prepare counting only mental for Math part. But as far as I am concerned there is a scratch paper. But Math part with ability to count on paper will be much simplier to solve... To easy.

Well how about it? Will I be allowed to use scratch paper free during all the test? No need to train mental counting skills?

Thanks

Psyoutlaw
01-20-2003, 04:47 PM
When you take the General GRE, they issue you 6 blank sheets of paper.

Sri
01-20-2003, 05:28 PM
You will be provided with 6 sheets of scratch paper and number 2 pencils at the center itself for the GRE-General Test CBT. Incase u need additional sheets of scratch paper u can just raise ur hand and the proctor will come over to u..Then u can request for the papers..The only problem is that he/she (the proctor) will take back the old, used scratch paper before they give u the new ones.....This shud be the last thing to worry while preparing for GRE...

So rest assured about the scratch paper, pencils etc stuff and good luck for ur prep!!

HTH
-Sri.

tsdvj
01-20-2003, 05:41 PM
I can understand your concern, I too was concerned with the scratch paper 'issue'. Try to make sure that you don't run out of scratch paper in the middle of a section. (just in case proctor takes some time to notice that you are raising your hand...) You can get the next set before the next section during the break

Bhargav
01-29-2003, 03:24 AM
hey thanks for raising the question even i also was wondering .. about the same..thanks all

bhargav

lordsokol
08-31-2010, 10:09 PM
The test center provides scratch paper and number 2 pencils. Judging the content of your post however, you might want to concern yourself with preparing for the verbal sections more than the math. ;)