PDA

View Full Version : 230-287: Gr8 Toefl !

karthik3393
01-22-2003, 07:53 AM
:cool: Hey Erin ... & all the folks out there...|

Gave my toefl yesterday & phew thnkfully It was gr8... (I hope)

Got a range of 230 - 287 ....

Listening : 27

Struc & Writing : 13 to 30

Reading : 29

How is it ? It's somewat similar to anupammalla... I hope i get 278+ ...
Badly need that... How is the score Erin... Had aessay topic of "Should we listen to opinions given by film stars, athletes, etc." ...

Thnkx a lot Erin .. U r doing a gr[8] job...:) I wouldn't have known half of wat I did had I not utilised u r site... It was very helpful.... esp. for my essay.

Hope 2 hear u r replies ...
Luv'N Luc,
Karthik

Subject edited by Erin for new change/utility.

hamidspam
01-22-2003, 01:02 PM
THUMBS UP, MAN.

WISH YOU LUCK!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raghuveer_v
01-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Great Job!

Each and every one of such scores makes us TestMagicians even more prouder that we are. Doesn't it?
(BTW, Erin, is this sentence structure & question tag correct?)

Congrats! and All the best for everything in your future!

karthik3393
02-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Hey Folks....

Had a preliminary score of 230 to 287.......... Got my final score today.....

I cracked my essay ...got a 6/6
So My score is 287 [dance]

Thanx a mill Erin for your excellent guidance !
Kudos to your team !
Luv' N Luc,
Karthik

ttaann
02-13-2003, 01:51 PM
[/SIZE]
[dance]Congrats!!![bounce][/SIZE]

BTW, could you tell us TM members in prep some of your advice and experience to crack TOEFL to such a great extent. :p

Thank you in advance.

harbinger
02-14-2003, 08:49 AM
So Great!!!

anupammalla
02-19-2003, 02:32 PM
cool :cool:

i am J :cool:

Miss Avni Bhatnagar
02-20-2003, 06:18 PM
AMAZING!!
A 6/6 is incredible!!
And...287 means I got to be tutored by you the next time I take TOEFL!!
Avni...

kiru
02-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Hi
I am new to this website. I am planning to write my TOEFL test in march .so please help me.

Originally posted by karthik3393

:cool: Hey Erin ... & all the folks out there...|

Gave my toefl yesterday & phew thnkfully It was gr8... (I hope)

Got a range of 230 - 287 ....

Listening : 27

Struc & Writing : 13 to 30

Reading : 29

How is it ? It's somewat similar to anupammalla... I hope i get 278+ ...
Badly need that... How is the score Erin... Had aessay topic of "Should we listen to opinions given by film stars, athletes, etc." ...

Thnkx a lot Erin .. U r doing a gr[8] job...:) I wouldn't have known half of wat I did had I not utilised u r site... It was very helpful.... esp. for my essay.

Hope 2 hear u r replies ...
Luv'N Luc,
Karthik

Subject edited by Erin for new change/utility.

Erin
02-23-2003, 09:07 PM
Wow!!

That's an awesome score!! Congrats!!

I wish you all the best, and please let us know where you end up going to school.

Erin

Originally posted by karthik3393

Got my final score today.....

I cracked my essay ...got a 6/6

So My score is 287 [dance]

Thanx a mill Erin for your excellent guidance !

Wanee
04-15-2003, 05:19 AM
Congratulations! karthik3393

Could you tell me how you improve your listening section?

Recently, I write one essay and post on Forum, even though I get some grammar correction, I am not sure whether the general idea is right. Could you have a look about it and what do you think? Thanks a lot!

#028: Television, newspapers, magazines, and other media pay too much attention to the personal lives of famous people such as public figures and celebrities. Use specific reasons and details to explain your opinion.

In the past, I agree that television, newspaper, magazines, and other media paid too much attention to the personal lives of famous people. One of the unforgotten stories is that media are considered to contribute to Princes Dianaís death. However, in recent years, media move their attention to other fields to satisfy the publicí interest.

First, people all over the world pay attention to war in Iraq. How about the residents in Iraq, when the war can be over, who will control the place past war, whether U.S.A. can be resisted by Arab, what impact the war will bring to the both America as well as the world, etc. These are some example questions that media pay more attention since it may influence peopleís life such as the price of oil, the major resource energy, and current prices of stocks. That CCTV-4 of China report relative news about the war almost 24 reflects how much attention media pay.

Second, heath issue is one of the serious topics among media attention. SARS, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, has already derived lives from almost one hundred people in a quite short period. Whether SARS will spread to more other countries beyond Asia, who is likely to be the next victim scare more people. After news reports that Hong Kong is one of the original places for SARS. Many patrons cancel their plans to Hong Kong. This piece of news makes economy of there be stricken badly while others may thank immediate news to save them.

Third, media also pay more attention to both domestic and external changing politic polices which affect people directly. For instance, in Thailand, the Primary Minister, Tangsin Qinawat, has punishes drug users and sellers seriously. What this fact bring change to people is reflected on media. More recently, he has proclaimed to regular corruption. Again, people are eager to find more information about details from newspaper or television since this is a long-standing and stiff problem in Thai history. In addition, Thai people also can gain other data such as what effect of Chinese leaderís change. For example, the change of product tax can influent most farmers to their exports.

From all the above, I can confirm that although media once paid much attention to celebrities, to focus on the breaking events in the world as well as to attract peopleís interest, media convert their attention to other serious topics.