PDA

View Full Version : abt books 4 sat II......plz help!!!

sachit
05-19-2005, 10:07 AM
hi

ive beem preparin 4 the june 4th sat II.

I just had a few questions. Here it goes:

For physics ive bin usin
1. Barrons
2. Princeton Review
3. kaplan

For maths
1.barrons
2.Princeton Review

Could anyone who has given the sat tell me wat the level of the questions is on the test, both 4 physics and math..

also, are these books enough and are the questions on these books higher or lower level than the actual test???

also, could sum1 give an answer to my questions book by book...plz.

thanks everybody, ur help will be greatly appreciated!!!

babypurin
05-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Barrons is known to be harder than the real test.

sachit
05-20-2005, 03:45 AM
wat bout the others????

sachit
05-20-2005, 03:45 AM
wat bout the others????

and barrons is harder for math or physics??

babypurin
05-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Kaplan - easier than the test. (Note: There are tons of mistakes of their books)

Princeton Review - ?

mushroomt0p
06-21-2005, 12:26 AM
isn't it true that the new Kaplan SAT prep (and ACT i think) books have the "Higher Score Guaranteed" thingy?? If there are mistakes...can we return the book and contact the Kaplan center and get a full refund back?? :2cents: Kaplan's materials are always "guaranteed"....
How bout' for Princeton? any guarantees??

shuttupjessmah
06-21-2005, 02:10 AM
isn't it true that the new Kaplan SAT prep (and ACT i think) books have the "Higher Score Guaranteed" thingy?? If there are mistakes...can we return the book and contact the Kaplan center and get a full refund back?? :2cents: Kaplan's materials are always "guaranteed"....
HAHAHAHAHAH!!! I f'in wish there was a guarantee for TPR... they wouldn't do anything for us when they accidentally duplicated various sections of a diagnostic for us... or when they mixed up definitions in their test prep book... or when they mixed up all of the answers in various sections...

babypurin
06-21-2005, 01:21 PM

Kaplan has a .pdf on their website with all the corrected mistakes. Their "Higher Score Guaranteed" is extremely vague and has a lot of restrictions; so don't buy their books for that incentive.

If you really want a "workout" try Barrons, they are known to be a lot harder then the real thing.

HiLine
07-15-2005, 04:04 PM
Where did you find the webpage of their corrected mistakes,babypurin?

babypurin
07-17-2005, 10:09 PM
I can't find the link at the moment, but I will continue searching. :)

HiLine
07-18-2005, 08:23 AM
I've found it!Thank you,anyway,babypurin,for informing me:tup:

ilzzuni
07-21-2005, 12:27 AM
well,,
for Physics, Kaplans has few wrong answers on their book
I don't know other books but i personally don't like Kaplans^^

HiLine
07-21-2005, 12:49 AM
well,,
for Physics, Kaplans has few wrong answers on their book
I don't know other books but i personally don't like Kaplans^^

And the lessons included are little detailed in comparison with Barrons' SAT II Physics.
What are the other reasons why you don't like Kaplan's books?

tvlevy
12-02-2005, 02:04 PM
i think kaplan's not that bad. i mean, kaplan's phy really sucks, but i think their chem book is better than barron's (barron's books are good, but a little out of date, i think)

HiLine
12-04-2005, 02:36 PM
I hate the Physics book the most . The Chemistry one is rather comprehensive,though.

babypurin
12-05-2005, 09:41 PM
i think kaplan's not that bad. i mean, kaplan's phy really sucks, but i think their chem book is better than barron's (barron's books are good, but a little out of date, i think)

Barron's is also known to go above and beyond of what's required on the SATII. Their tests are supposedly much harder than the real test and can be demoralizer if you haven't taken any realistic test(s) (such as the ones avaliable in the Collegeboard book). Barron's books would be a better supplement to your preparation than as your sole study-guide.

While I don't know much about Kaplan's Chemistry guide (I'm only familiar with their Bio book) I would also ditto the comments that I made about Barron's. The information they provide is excellent (and in some cases superflous), but their tests could use a bit of fine-tuning.

Good Luck - Chemistry is supposedly one of the harder SATII's out there; especially due to the unique type of questions it has: the T/T/CE format.

asim_569
02-16-2006, 09:33 PM
dear friends i m preparing for satII chemistry math physics but i dont have any book for exercises except text books(our books r very week as compare to international system).(i assumed u have taken satII). please give me suggestion.if you any material please send me or sell me
thanks