PDA

View Full Version : 197-253: my TOEFL test on 2003/01/21

melodyLee
01-23-2003, 01:20 AM
hi~~every one

I found TestMagic about three weeks ago. At about Jan 07, I was so worried about my TOEFL test, especially the writing part. This site really helped me a lot~~~

I took the test on Jan 20 And this is my Score
I think I will score more than 213, but I just wondering about my writing score...I am really not so good...

Listening :23
S/W :11 - 28
Reading :25
Range :197-253

Then here are some of my feelings.

Listening--30Q
1.The sound quality is really not good.The noise exists all the time.

2.Sometimes the picture on the screen got nothing to do with the question.It's no use to staring at the monitor.You may not be able to concentrate just like me.

Grammer--25Q/15mins
unh.....I was in hurry to finish this part and I had 2:30 left when I finished. I think it's better not to rush..

Reading--55Q/90mins
1.I found it's really useful to read some reference books because all the topics are familiar.Though I didn't do well on the one discussing about the earth's structure (Crust.Mantle.Core....stuff like that).

2.time is absolutely enough~~don't panic...

Writing--
164:People do many different things to stay healthy. What do you do for good health? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

I was sooooooooooooooooooo excited :D to have this topic because it is really simple compared with others (like " what is the discovery influences your country most in 20th century").

And what I feel really good is there was still 2mins after I finished the essay. This may be easy for others but not for me. I remember I could not finish my eaasy almost every time when I practice alone. That's what I have to thank Test Magic. I red a lot of essays here and learned waht the sturcture of a essay should be.Really appreciated.

I'll post my final score later.:D

Subject edited by Erin for new change/utility.

karthik3393
01-23-2003, 05:35 AM
Gr8 Work... Melody !

Yes It is really use full even if you refer to TestMagic for a short time !

:D All the best 4 u r Essay Score ! I 2 am waiting for the same ! ;) ?

hamidspam
01-23-2003, 02:38 PM
I will pray for you, Melody.

And my prayer is: you will TOEFLed ( curled form somwhere in this forum) TOEFL.

CONGRATS IN ADVANCE!!!

Keep us posted.

Erin
01-23-2003, 06:26 PM
[COLOR=#FF8C00]
Awesome!</font id="orange">

Looks like you made it! To get 213, you'd need a 1.5 on the essay, which I've never seen before. A 3.0 is very easy to get, and that would put at 223 or higher, so I think you'll be okay.

Thanks for posting your insights; I'm sure you know they are very helpful for others. :)

Again, nice work, and I'm glad TestMagic helped you! [tm]

harbinger
01-23-2003, 11:19 PM
Congratulation

harbinger
01-24-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by melodyLee

hi~~every one
Listening--30Q
1.The sound quality is really not good.The noise exists all the time.

OH, I am very anxious to hear that. You know I will take the CBT Toefl before long. Before reading your post I thought that bad only happened on the PBT exams on which we have to listen to cassettes. Never thought that we would have to listen to voice with bad quality on CBT exams.

melodyLee
02-12-2003, 05:27 AM
hi~thank all of you very much.
I got my final score yesterday
I got 4.5 on my essay.

L : 23
W/s:25
R : 25

score:243

No more test !Yeah~~

ttaann
02-12-2003, 05:41 AM