PDA

View Full Version : 237-290: My TOEFL of 01/22/2003

vhernandez
01-23-2003, 11:40 PM
Hi guys and gals, I just completed for the second time in my life my TOEFL required to obtain a certain professional license in the U.S. It is amazing to me that, because I didn't study my High School or college in the US (or in a English speaking nation), that I'm forced to take the TOEFL again!

Anyhow, I took the test today, nothing difficult, weird essay about TV being good to society or not, nothing fancy, and I obtained a range of 237-290... Is this good? Bad? Anyway I was told that it was more than I was required to obtain.

Frankly, I don't get it. I don't believe that many U.S. citizens that have spoken English all of their natural lives can obtain the very best score. I think that there are some trick questions and some vocabulary sections were clearly, many Americans I know would not have passed. What do youguys have to say? Not that all Americans can't speak their language correctly, but some questions are way more complex than necessary in my opinion to determine is someone is adept enough in the English language.

Subject edited by Erin for new change/utility.

Erin
01-24-2003, 12:14 AM
Check out this post for a discussion about the score a native speaker would get:

http://www.TestMagic.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=251&SearchTerms=what,score,would,a,native,speaker,get

Your score is good! [^] Don't worry about that! Most of the people I work with who need the TOEFL for a professional license are doctors, and the score they need for that is 550/213, so if that's you, you've got it in the bag.

Congrats!! :)