PDA

View Full Version : How can I memorize GRE vocabulary quickly?

Bhargav
01-27-2003, 10:48 AM
Hello friends i am a newbie in here and i am appearing for my GRE on 20th of March and TOEFL on 11th march .

i am having bit problem in memorising words i am working as a software eng. and hence find only 3-4 hours late night to study..

pls can anybody give me some tips.. on how to go about it.. currently i am studying barron's .

Also i do not have any software to practise for TOEFL .. so can anybody tell me from where can i download the same.

are any sets of words avaliable on the net which i can download ??

pls help me..

Bhargav

hamidspam
01-27-2003, 03:18 PM
HI FRIEND!

WELCOME TO THE LEARNING CENTRE.

MEMORIZING THESE 'WORLD WIDE WEB' OF WORDS REQUIRES PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE AND PRACTICE.

I MEAN EAT IT! DRINK IT! SWALLOW IT! CHEW IT! SUCK IT! USE IT!

LOOK UP WORDS FROM WRITE-UPS, MAGAZINE, NEWSPAPERS, WEBSITES, ANYWHERE! THERE IS NO SHORTCUT TO LEARNING THESE WORDS. LET THEM BE THE FIRST THING YOU SEE WHEN YOU WAKE UP AND THE LAST THING WHEN YOU RETIRE AT NIGHT. OF COURSE YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN THEM SO MANY TIMES IN THE INTERVAL BETWEEN DAY AND NIGHT.

GIVE YOURSELF A TARGET. FOR EXAMPLE, 30 WORDS PER DAY. START FROM A LEVEL YOU KNOW YOU CAN COPE WITH. I TELL YOU, WITH TIME, YOU WILL DOUBLE THIS.

AGAIN READ , READ, READ AND READ LIKE 'CRAZY'.

I HAD PROBLEM WITH WORDS WHEN I FIRST STARTED BUT NOW I AM BETTER THAN I WAS SOME WEEKS BACK.

I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE IT LOOK DIFFICULT. THAT IS JUST THE REALITY.

MEANWHILE CHECK THE SITES BELOW FOR UNLIMITED FREE PRACTICE:

www.number2.com, www.wordsmart.com (courtesy of Amigo ro)

www.aldaily.com(this sites has 'seas' of articles you can read. (again, courtesy of Amigo Ro))

If I COME ACROSS ANYMORE SITES I'LL POST IT HERE.

ALL THE BEST IN YOUR TEST.

CHEERIO!

Erin
01-27-2003, 11:43 PM
Great advice, there, but why all CAPS?

The bottom line is that you need to have lots of contact with each word to remember it. It will take time and will involve a lot of repetition, but that's what you, and everybody who came before you and will come after you, need to do.

Never give up!!

Bhargav
01-28-2003, 03:57 AM
hey thank u very much hamid , billy for the encouragement.. thanks lots man..

bhargav

hamidspam
01-28-2003, 06:35 AM
Anytime, Bhargav.

The caps was unintentional. I left the cap key on by mistake.

see yeah!