01-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Hi everybody,
I received my Toefl score:

1.Listening - 23 points
2.Structure/Writing - 25 points
3.Reading - 25 points
Total score 243 points
Essay rating - 4.0

I Have applied to University of Colorado at Boulder (Comp Sc). Can anybody tell me if this score is enough?

Thanks

Subject edited by Erin for new change/utility.

Erin
01-28-2003, 09:58 PM
Every school and program has different requirements. Grad schools typically want 213 or better, undergrad is a bit easier, but again, each school is different.

But your scores are pretty good! Congrats! :)

geeta_t
01-28-2003, 10:14 PM
<font face="Andale Mono">Thanks Erin!</font id="Andale Mono">
Thank you very much for your instant reply. I had just finished writing my topic and I received your reply. This is incredible!!
Well, I referred the site especially to read essays. The essay I got in the exam is not on the site yet, however the site did help me in learning overall tactics of writing an essay. I prepared for TOEFL just one month before.
Testmagic is great!! Good luck to your efforts and to all present & future participants

One more thing I want to mention, during listening section I couldn't concentrate on the conversation fully because the guy beside me was taking a GRE test and it was his AWM section going on which made a lot of keyboard noise.

caner
01-28-2003, 10:49 PM
you did really good job!!!
congratulation!!!!
you can find that school's requirement from www.collegeboard.com

caner
01-28-2003, 11:08 PM
I've just looked for you:

Tests for International Students
SAT® I or ACT™ required

TOEFL (minimum score): 500

geeta_t
01-29-2003, 01:13 AM
Hi Caner
Thanks for your help however I have applied for Master's Programme(Graduate School). The site you suggested is only for undergraduate programme I guess. Do you know any other site for graduate schools?

Regards

Erin
01-29-2003, 03:13 AM
The only authoritative source for that info is the school itself. And remember, each department may have different TOEFL requirements. Most grad schools, if they have requirements, look for either 213/550 or 250/600.

aman
01-30-2003, 05:03 PM
For graduate course, 250. Most Indians go for computer science. U'll be surprised to see the number of indians in ur class. By the way expect 80-90% of the class to be indians, chinese or foreigners. I am also in same course and luckily got a job 2 years back. My suggestion is choose some other field since software field has seen the most layoffs and it is very hard to find a job in this field. Good luck on ur endeavor.

Miss Avni Bhatnagar
02-01-2003, 11:14 AM
[COLOR=#FF8C00]Congratulations!!!</font id="orange">
For graduation,a min. of 250 and for undergraduates a min. of 213.With 243, you are far above the min. required.Good Luck!
Love
Avni...