View Full Version : 243-300 jan 31, 2003

maryanitha
02-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Listening 30
structure 13-30
Reading comprehension 30
score 243-300

Hi all

I am very happy with my score and eagerly waiting for my essay score.
This is a great site.This forum helped me a lot. It is like being in a coaching class. Thanks to all my fellow students and to the teacher.

just want to tell all who are yet to give toefl exam that

*it is very important to concentrate during the exam. Especially listening comprehensive section.
*Take your practice tests very seriously as if they are the final exams.
*it is important to recheck your answers very carefully before you confirm them. i am sure i changed 2-3 answers when i rechecked.
*Practice writing as many essays as you can and stick to the 30 minutes time limit. (ofcourse this site is overflowing with the ideas for the essays)

i prepared for three weeks for about 3 hours per day on an average including the time i was online browsing TestMagic.com. I used barrons guide with tapes, powerprep sampler(with the 67 ques), TestMagic.com (site and the forum) and the and few other sites like 4tests.com.

I strongly believe that the powerprep cd with 2 practice tests would be a GREAT resource for practice.

Any questions regarding the test and preparation are welcome.
I will post my final result after i get my essay score.

the essay i got is #2 in the list.
"parents are the best teachers" agree or disagree?

Now i am concentrating on GRE. I hope that the GRE forum will be as helpful to me as the TOEFL forum.

Many thanks to Mr Erin Billy for the wonderful and resourceful site

WISHING ALL THE TOEFL TAKERS THE VERY BEST.

Mary Anitha

ttaann
02-03-2003, 03:41 PM
[/SIZE]An awesome score!!! :p[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
Congratulations!!![/SIZE]

wall
02-03-2003, 10:39 PM
Great Job!
Congratulations

camellia
02-05-2003, 07:02 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mary, where are you from?
To me, your score seems an unreachable score. Well, I am talking about myself.
The reason I ask this question is because I have seen a lot of people from India on this forum with very high Toefl scores and I believe that they are taught in English over there. If that is the case, then it is understandable. For people who just study English as a second language as a separate course, Toefl is a more complex exam. I think it is important for Erin to keep in mind this for his book.
When I will have time I will try to describe all the steps and difficulty that I have faced with this test. What I can say now is that in general my biggest problem was that I had the tendency to translate in Romanian what I read or listened on the Toefl so that I could feel closer with the content.

maryanitha
02-08-2003, 07:11 PM
I am from India too like many other TMites and I studied in an English Medium school.

As far as listening section goes, I used to repeat the main idea of the sentence very quickly in my mind. That helped my mind not to get diverted and it also helped me to remember the facts mentioned in the lecture or conversation.

I donno if this works for all. But it worked for me.

Thanks
Mary Anitha

maryanitha
02-20-2003, 09:04 PM
update

I received my essay score 5.5
so my final score is 293

Thanks to TestMagic site.

Mary Anitha

Erin
02-20-2003, 09:36 PM
Congrats!!