PDA

View Full Version : I need recommendations for GRE Math books

suba
02-15-2003, 05:56 PM
Hi,

I am preparing for the GRE exam. I am looking to improve on my math skills. I have the Barron's GRE workbook which has a math review chapter. But, I need more exposure to some of the math topics in order to be able to practice more problem solving. I am specifically looking to improve my math skills in these areas:

1) Algebra and word problems
2) Probability
3) Percentage and Ratio
4) Area and Volume of solids

I already have the Barron's "Geometry the Easy Way" which is a good book to improve on your geometry skills. I am looking for similar books for the topics that I mentioned above.

I would appreciate it if anybody could provide me with some information regards these books. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suba.

kalaga
02-16-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by suba

Hi,

I am preparing for the GRE exam. I am looking to improve on my math skills. I have the Barron's GRE workbook which has a math review chapter. But, I need more exposure to some of the math topics in order to be able to practice more problem solving. I am specifically looking to improve my math skills in these areas:

1) Algebra and word problems
2) Probability
3) Percentage and Ratio
4) Area and Volume of solids

I already have the Barron's "Geometry the Easy Way" which is a good book to improve on your geometry skills. I am looking for similar books for the topics that I mentioned above.

I would appreciate it if anybody could provide me with some information regards these books. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suba.

Suba,
I think for 1,3 and 4, 'quantitative aptitude' books should help.

for probability try these sites:
http://engineering.uow.edu.au/Courses/Stats/File246.html
http://www.cqeweb.com/Chapters-HTML/Chap3_html/chapter3.htm

abu
02-17-2003, 08:13 AM
dear suba,
i am also preparing for gre.i think kaplan's gre 2003
would be a good one.to make ur fundamentals strong,brush up ur high school mathematics textbooks.if u feel u r weak in the quant section,try the kaplan's maths workbook
with regards,
abu

suba
02-24-2003, 04:42 AM
Thank you kalaga & abu for your suggestions.The website for the probability section is really useful.I am also checking out in the library for the kaplans math workbook.