PDA

View Full Version : Pre-testing part?

jasius
02-17-2003, 02:20 PM
Hi!

That pre-test research part (or even 2 of them)... It is so unable to recognize? So I should work through all test in constant pace without resting? I really will not know which part is pre-test and which is real?

Thank you

Erin
02-17-2003, 07:36 PM
There is effectively no sure-fire way to know which questions are experimental, so your best strategy is to try your best on all questions.

slovak
02-18-2003, 02:41 PM
Hi Erin,

I am new. I am planning to take GMAT in 3 weeks. I have studied ETS and Kaplan and downloaded 800score tests but I do not seems to get more than 580 on my practice tests. I have a big problem with my concentration. I can not read reading comprehansion without thinking about something else. Also I do not really know how to improve my test score as sometimes I score higher in my verbal and sometimes in my math section. Please give me some advice...I am getting a bit nervous that I would be able to score above 600.

One more question: Do you know whether there is a course for GMAT in Melbourne Australia...I am going to live there for next 4 months...

Many thanks

Hope to receive your message soon

Empire
02-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Slovak, when reading RC passages, i also found myself losing focus, thinking about anything other than the passage. What i have been doing to remedy this is taking a quick glance at the questions BEFORE i read the passage. This way i know, at least a little bit, what i am looking for in the passage, and read actively to find it. I dont know if this is a recommended strategy, but it has helped me. Try it and see...hope it works for you

Erin
02-18-2003, 09:09 PM
Yes, it is quite normal to be a bit disoriented when you first begin reading--you have no idea where the passage is going to go, so at the beginning of reading, you're assessing the passage.

I can tell you one thing for sure, though: concentration is key to a high score!

YOLY
02-20-2003, 05:02 PM
HI ERIN. I'M NOT SURE IF THIS WEBSITE REALLY WORK. IT IS HARD FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND ALL THIS. I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHICH FORUM IS THE BEST FOR ME. I'M GOING TO HAVE MY TOFEL TEST ON MAY AND I NEED TO PRACTICE MORE IN MY WRITING BECAUSE IS VERY BAD. CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE?

Erin
02-20-2003, 06:44 PM
Yes, this website REALLY works!! :)

You should post your question here:

http://www.TestMagic.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=57