PDA

View Full Version : Taking GMAT in April neeed help...

sabbineni
03-10-2003, 04:40 AM
Hi,

I am taking my GMAT in April. Through with all most all practice tests (other than PowerPrep). In all the practice tests i am getting 28 - 31 of verbal questions correct. How good is this? I am a bit week in RC, average in SC and good in CR part. I am pretty confident about my Quant. I have score around 640 in kaplan, 720 in princeton, 670-700 in ARCO.

Just want to know, how good is this? Is it OK if i get 30 Q's correct in verbal in the final exam. I do not know how they calculate the scaled score. Please help me out.

mtariq
03-20-2003, 10:52 PM
What is your target score?

sabbineni
03-21-2003, 04:30 AM
I am looking for 700+.

Erin
03-21-2003, 04:50 AM
Why don't you post some of the questions you're missing? It'd be easier for us to give you feedback that way. It's kind of hard to visualize what you are doing, and whether you're doing it well or you need improvement.

Please remember a very, very important concept with adaptive tests--how many questions you get right and wrong is less important than the level of difficulty of those questions.

sabbineni
03-26-2003, 02:55 AM
Hi Erin,

To begin with, i normally attack the questions based on my Intution. I do not follow any standard rules. Ofcourse, i have practiced ETS Q's alot and if ever i could not apply any of the standard rules then i follow my intution. That way the questions which i get correct differs from one exam to another. I do not have any particular Questions info with me now.

I took PP practice test last week- 720 & 730 - breakup was (Q 50, V 38 & Q 50, V 39). In the first Test i got 3 Q's incorrect in Qunat and 14 incorrect in Verbal. In the second test 2 incorrect in Quant, 13 incorrect in Verbal.

I am doing well in the CR part, in both the tests i got 2 incorrect Q's in CR. RC is the main problem. I normally perform well in the RC when i concentrate hard. But it's very difficult to concentrate hard on each and every Question. I feel lapse of concentration is the main problem for this.
Coming to SC's it varies from 4 incorrect Q's to 6 incorrect Q's depending on the criticality of the question.

Since there isn't much time left with me now. I am just practicing ETS OG. i am planning to take practice tests this week and from next week i would like to relax and have a look at the mistakes i have committed. This is my plan. My exam is on 4th April. Hope i do well in the Exam. I am not much pressurised about the exam. I am in a relaxed mood now. I do not want to presurise myself as this may affect the final result.