PDA

View Full Version : TWE 5.0 Jointly share my happiness

diep
03-10-2003, 04:54 AM
Hi everybody in TM,

I've just received my Toefl score report after waiting nervously for nearly two months. I'd like to share with you my happiness: TOEFL 603 and TWE 5.0. I know many of you got much higher results, but I feel happy because I made progresses, particularly in writing skill, thanks to Erin's site with lots of kind TM friends.

I wish all of you would get the best results and this site would live forever[dance]

wall
03-10-2003, 05:07 AM
Great!
Congratulations , Diep, You Dit It!
Tuong

ttaann
03-10-2003, 10:51 AM
[dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance] [dance][dance] [dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance] [dance][dance] [dance][dance] [dance][dance][dance] [dance][dance]

[/SIZE]Congratulations!!![/SIZE]

[bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce]

cocobella76
03-17-2003, 02:52 PM
Oh, Congratulations to you. You made a great result. I'm preparing to take the test on May and i am very weak in writing. Can you give me some advices for this? It would be great if you could send me through my email: cocobella76@yahoo.com

Thanks and good future for you!

diep
03-17-2003, 11:32 PM
Thanks all of U,

Hi, cocobella76 (I like ur nick[bomb])! You can find a lot of helpful advices here - this TM forum. The most important thing: PRACTICE, PRACTICE, AND PRACTICE AGAIN. Post your essay here and other friends will help you. Even if no one has time for commenting on it, don't worry, you will improve your skills yourself by doing this. It's my experience. And I still keep writing[dance], so practice now with me;)

Gud luck to you, cocobella76!

cocobella76
03-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Hi Diep,
Thank you for encouraging me. I am improving with this website and i hope that i will have good result. My nickname is name of a bird in italian language. I like this language also. Nice weekend to you!

MaliciousHUT
03-24-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by diep

Hi everybody in TM,

I've just received my Toefl score report after waiting nervously for nearly two months. I'd like to share with you my happiness: TOEFL 603 and TWE 5.0. I know many of you got much higher results, but I feel happy because I made progresses, particularly in writing skill, thanks to Erin's site with lots of kind TM friends.

I wish all of you would get the best results and this site would live forever[dance]

Great Writing Score!
[/SIZE]I've rarely seen vietnamese get 5 on January,2003 testdate! [/SIZE]
Congratulations !
[dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance]

BlueShadow
03-24-2003, 08:13 PM
[heartbeat][heartbeat]Congratulation sis Diep[heartbeat][heartbeat]
I will have the test in 10 days,and im getting nervous now:((
By the way what is the highest point in CBT??
thanz

wall
03-24-2003, 11:03 PM
wow, the highest score for CBT is 300.
Good luck to u, 300 to ya!
Tuong

diep
03-25-2003, 05:22 AM
Hi,
You should try doing one test everyday from now to the real test date and getting nervous at home. You'll be intrepidly calm at the testing room:D Honestly, results of those tests are nearly same to the real scores.
Gud luck:)

Originally posted by BlueShadow
I will have the test in 10 days,and im getting nervous now:((
thanz

BlueShadow
03-25-2003, 07:58 AM
Thanz Tuong and Diep....I just found out this cool website recently from a friend.....Thanz for the advice D..what do ya mean be 1 test a day? the practise test right?I will do more more now....I really regret that I wasnt prepare to the test unstill 2 weeks ago:(:( Writting and readding are my weak parts...and gammar is very confused part...its very stricky...
I love ur motto Tuong
Co cong mai sac co ngay nen sao beng hah ehhehehe
thanzie
love
[heartbeat][heartbeat][heartbeat][heartbeat]

wall
03-25-2003, 09:44 AM
Haha, just kidding BlueShadow huh???
Why did you have to thank me :p[dance]
Gud luck 2 u, 300 ya!
Tuong

BlueShadow
03-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Thank to you,cos you answered to my question :)...Im very sad right now,cos today i did the practise test it i couldnt concentrate at all:(([V]

hoangluong
06-02-2003, 12:01 PM
Do you know how easier the TOEFL Institutional is than TOEFL International? I'm asking 'cause I have just taken the former but haven't received a score yet. From what the test was like at the test center, I would say that the test is so similar to TOEFL Preparation Kit's practice tests in terms of level of difficulty and types of questions. It is even harder. What do you think??? Share your knowledge and experience here, please!

diep
06-02-2003, 10:33 PM
I'm sorry I have no idea about the Institutional TOEFL offered by MoE of Vietnam (do you mean that one?), but the int'l TOEFL test is much similar to TOEFL practice tests in the book published by ETS (sometimes even easier:p).
Hope that helps you.
Cheers,

Originally posted by hoangluong

Do you know how easier the TOEFL Institutional is than TOEFL International? I'm asking 'cause I have just taken the former but haven't received a score yet. From what the test was like at the test center, I would say that the test is so similar to TOEFL Preparation Kit's practice tests in terms of level of difficulty and types of questions. It is even harder. What do you think??? Share your knowledge and experience here, please!

hoangluong
06-03-2003, 03:54 AM
Thanks a million, Diep!!!, for a quick reply!

No, not at all. I mean TOEFL Institutional administered by IIE as requested by the Government of US for all of the applicants of Fulbright Program in Vietnam. It was given exactly as the real TOEFL, i.e TOEFL International, in terms of test procedures, test supervisors (these are from IIE and also appear as supervisors for TOEFL Int'l in Hanoi), test center (Hanoi Hilton Operal Hotel in Hanoi), test regulations, etc. What is a minor difference between them is while TOEFL In'tl is administered for adminission purposes, hence its test-takers' scores officially endorsed, TOEFL Institutional is for evaluation purposes only and its examinees' scores are not recognized as globally official. You can't present your TOEFL Institutional scores when applying for a scholarship, simply because they don't trust your scores. WHAT I JUST WANT TO ASK about is a difference between the TWO tests, TOEFL In'tl and TOEFL Institutional, in terms of level of difficulty, types of questions, etc. Because I'm going to take TOEFL Int'l soon while I haven't taken it anytime before, I just want to know the rough comparison of the two tests, so I can plan for a preparation that suits me most (if it's harder, I'll put more time into it, if it's easier than TOEFL Preparation Kit, I won't at all. If you choose to do sth, you'll have less time for others).

nile
06-12-2003, 10:21 AM
To Diep and other that had the same problem! First of all, I wanna congratulate you loudly on your great score! Then, I would like you to share some of your experience preparing for PBT. I have been preparing for PBT for several weeks using the Official TOEFL Test Preparation Kit. According to the practice tests of the Kit taken under simulated conditions, I always get something like 610-640 scores. However, I was shocked to find that I got only 577 scores on the real TOEFL test, although the level of difficulty is almost the same! How come? I can't understand why. In the Grammar and Reading of the Official TOEFL Prep. Kit's practice tests, I always get all correct on Structure and miss just about 4-5 on Reading. As for Listening, I usually miss about 7-8. And during the real test, I saw that the real TOEFL was not difficult than the practice tests of the Kit, but I could not get a score I want in the end.

Is that because of the scoring system given in the Official TOEFL Prep Kit totally different from or easier than that of the real TOEFL? I'm really puzzled. I don't understand why.

Thanks in advance

diep
06-12-2003, 10:53 PM
Hi,

I have a friend who took this institutional test some years ago. As his telling, this test is absolutely equivalent to the real TOEFL test.

Wishing you get the best score!:)

Originally posted by hoangluong

Thanks a million, Diep!!!, for a quick reply!

No, not at all. I mean TOEFL Institutional administered by IIE as requested by the Government of US for all of the applicants of Fulbright Program in Vietnam. ...WHAT I JUST WANT TO ASK about is a difference between the TWO tests, TOEFL In'tl and TOEFL Institutional, in terms of level of difficulty, types of questions, etc.