PDA

View Full Version : need help deciphering collegeboard site

joethemole
08-02-2005, 09:33 PM
k say we pick harvard as an example:

http://apps.collegeboard.com/search/CollegeDetail.jsp?collegeId=1251&profileId=5

Regular application deadline is January 1st, YET, the SAT I and II scores are due by Feburary 15.

???

does this mean that i can hand in the application form in january, but i can actually take, say the SAT II in january, and hand it in on a date past the regular application date?

and whats this "priority application date" thing?

shuttupjessmah
08-02-2005, 11:44 PM
k say we pick harvard as an example:

http://apps.collegeboard.com/search/CollegeDetail.jsp?collegeId=1251&profileId=5

Regular application deadline is January 1st, YET, the SAT I and II scores are due by Feburary 15.

???

does this mean that i can hand in the application form in january, but i can actually take, say the SAT II in january, and hand it in on a date past the regular application date?

and whats this "priority application date" thing?
On applications, in the SAT score part, there's a place where you put your past SAT scores or your future SAT scores. You need to send in your application by January 1st, but you have until the February SAT date to send in your scores. Which means your application was sent, and on your February SAT, you put Harvard as one of the schools you want to send your scores to.

So technically, you can take the SAT in January and February and send your scores to Harvard as long as you already turned in your application by the due date and listed the January and February SAT dates in the SAT score section of the application.

The "priority application date" is basically early admission.

joethemole
08-04-2005, 08:02 PM
k thx, so let me see if i got this straight:

1. hand in application by jan 1. on it, indicate you will have a future sat score

2. CAN/ALLOWED to write sat I or II after jan 1, but just indicate on the test reg to send scores to harvard.

is this it?

shuttupjessmah
08-04-2005, 11:29 PM
k thx, so let me see if i got this straight:

1. hand in application by jan 1. on it, indicate you will have a future sat score

2. CAN/ALLOWED to write sat I or II after jan 1, but just indicate on the test reg to send scores to harvard.

is this it?
Yes, but make sure you take the test before the deadline or else it's a waste of a test.

joethemole
08-06-2005, 09:07 PM
nice. thx guys. now i actually won't regret not taking the bastard I.B. program. I'll just finish my regular course then take the SAT IIs