PDA

View Full Version : 157-220 I've taken the test yesterdaY....

rainrain
03-16-2003, 11:41 AM
I have got a very bad reult from the test...[xx(]
The test is really hard, especially the listening section..,
there are some candidates taking gmat besides me, consquently their noise of typing disturbed me a lot... it's really hard to concentrate(my concentration is poor...)
My results are as follow:

Listening 18
structure 07-26
reading 22
total 157-220

I am sad about this result.............
The listening task is really hard...it needs to have a full concentration
Before taking the test, I expected myself to have 250......but now.......
I will take the test again after several months.... hope i can have a better result.....

I am going to study in the US, but the result now is very poor... I am nervous ....

My english is not so well, but i can learn a lot from this site....
I have just found this useful website today... If i could join it before the test, it's really a great help for a better result...

iconoclast
03-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Hello rain!Welcome to TM.You needn't be disheartened...you can definitely do much better next time.You are right when you say that one needs to concentrate during the test.A lot of test-takers have complained about noise during the test, but theres nothing you can do about it so you have to bear with it.You could probably set the volume a bit higher next time.
I'm sure that if you participate actively,you can gain a lot from this site.[tm]Here's wishing you good luck!
--Jaya

rainrain
03-28-2003, 02:18 PM
Thanks for your advice~
This site is really useful~ I am sure I must gain a lot from it~

"no pain, no gain" :)

rainrain
03-29-2003, 12:36 PM
THx for your Wish~

I've got my result today~ I've got 207 (Essay : only 4.5........)

But anyway~ I will try my best to have a better result next time~

Vinay
03-29-2003, 06:40 PM
Hi rainrain,

I wish u all the best for all ur future endeavors :-)

Best of Luck for ur future.

Vinay

BlueShadow
03-29-2003, 06:43 PM
Good luck to ya for the next time...
I will have the test on next thursday and im very nervous now,i couldnt read anymore...I intend to have 240-250....but im so scare that i will get 200:((

rainrain
03-30-2003, 05:42 AM
To Vinay: Thx for your wish~: )

TO BlueShadow: Don't be scare~ Try to relax ~
Pay more affort~ U will have a good result ga~:)
It's not too hard to have 200 (My English is not well but
I've got 207~ therefore u must be suceed in the test
and get a score higher than 250~
Good Luck:D

iconoclast
04-01-2003, 02:29 PM
Rain: Most Univs that i've checked with ask for a minimum score of 213 on the Computer based TOEFL.So, since you're already on 207 I'm sure you can score much higher with the right kind of prep.You can see from your scores that listening is one area where you can improve a lot.A 4.5 on the essay in my opinion is not bad at all!The reading section appears easy but they do have some tricky questions.I think its important to spend enough time on each question no matter how easy it appears.This is all I can think of for now.
Good Luck!
--Jaya

HelloKitty
04-03-2003, 12:53 PM
my friend had a problem with her TOEFL exam, she really disappointed,If my friend got 97 - 163
What is the best way for her to improve her English??? If she want to get more 210
Could someone give me some advice??

rainrain
04-03-2003, 02:37 PM
To iconoclast: thx for your advice and supoort~~~~
I hope that i could give u a good news next time~:p

To Kitty: I am not a person who have a good results in the exam` It's really a pressure for me to give suggestions~:D

I am a person from Hong kong. It's really hard for chinese to learn english in my opinion as we are based on british english.
"No pain, no gain" I suggest your friend to have more practice in listening, as it's really a hard task. The conversation in the section is fast and complicated, it needs concentration and how many u can memories.
For the structure section, I suggest a book from Longman "a complete course for toefl exam" which is suggested in the useful site. It really works. If u pay more effort in this useful site and that book, your friend must be able to get a result over 210( actually, i want to have this score too:drunk:)

Good luck to your friend and all the candidates!!![heartbeat]

BlueShadow
04-07-2003, 04:55 PM
I just finished my test a few days ago...Gosh I was very disapointed...my range score was 150-210.. My essay topic was so diff to me..its about land for nature condition or land for developed housing or industry in your country...I didnt have enough time at all...readding part was difficult too...I will take the test again..Do you guys have any sugjesstion..how to prepare???
[heartbeat][heartbeat]thanz[heartbeat][heartbeat]

taurus
04-08-2003, 09:48 PM
I just finished my test today. That was not so hard but I got confusion.
All Reading topics were about History of New york and Early United States. History was not my subject ever.
Listening was good but too much tricky short conversation.
I dont know my exact result yet that will come after two weeks.
Well! I am not satisfied when I read at screen that totoal: 127 to 193.
I am confused about
Can I ask to all of you What that Mean is?
In Listening I got 18 and almost 19 in Reading, Structure score was not exactly written there.
So I would Like You All to Help Me Please!
Please!
Thank you.
Well! The instructor told me that I didnt need TOEFL test Coz I am permanent Resident here
What are your suggestions ?
And I have applied in 4 year college, whether I have associate degree from My Native Country.
So Help me you all plz.
How can I understand What My score is?
And should I have to pay again for Test if I wanted to increase my score?
I will be thank ful to all of you.
Thnks Bye.

nu_nam2001
04-08-2003, 11:15 PM
taurus;

Well! I am not satisfied when I read at screen that totoal: 127 to 193.
I am confused about
Can I ask to all of you What that Mean is?
In Listening I got 18 and almost 19 in Reading, Structure score was not exactly written there.
So I would Like You All to Help Me Please!
Please!

Since ETS must spend sometime reading your essay, your essay score is not immediately evaluated like other parts. As a result, after finnishing the test, ETS would inform you of inofficial scores. How much TOEFL score will you get depends on your essay scores. For example, if you get 6 out of 6, your total TOEFL score will be 193. Do you get this?

taurus
04-09-2003, 05:28 PM
Nu Nam, I didn't get you sorry!

Well! I had some 18 in L, 19 in R byt I could not understand my Structure score .
When will I get my official score?

Well! what you think should I try this test again? or not?
I have applied for admission in four year college in NYC.
Some of those colleges need 200 score of toefl.
Well!
This is not possible to get 100% score in essay.
My essay in ETS test was.
"Some people prefer to send their children for formal education in schools in very early age. Other like their children to play with toys in very early of thier age. What do you like from both? And why?

The essay took almost 10 of my minutes to collect the points from mind. Then I started.And completed with in time
I could not solve all questions of Listening and Structure.
But Structure questions were all from Baron' s book " How to prepare for Toefl Test"

The bad thing happened with me there, I was badly confused, so could not give more attention to Listening, coz I got headach because of nervousness. I should not be nervous....
Well at the end I am asking again that should I prepare for Toefl again, And I have to pay again for test fees?or not?
The Center of test was so calmful there was no any noise of any thing.
Thnx
bye