PDA

View Full Version : GMAT OG 10th edition difficulty of questions

flipman
03-17-2003, 08:33 PM
Has anyone out there identified the difficulty of the questions in the OG 10th edition? I have no problem identifying the easy-difficulty questions, but I would like to know what questions in the OG are considered medium-difficulty versus advanced-difficulty. I want to focus on the questions that are of medium-difficulty.

Thanks.:cool:

Erin
03-17-2003, 08:55 PM
Q: What is the difficulty level of the questions in the GMAT Official Guide?

The hardest questions are those that you miss. ;)

No kidding. Although GMAT can classify questions according to their difficulty (based simply on the number of people who missed them), it is not a good idea for you to try the same.

I strongly disagree with your proposed methodology. I have worked with many people who were able to get so-called hard questions right, but missed the simpler ones. And an argument could easily be made that not practicing the easier questions could actually harm you--if you miss easy questions, the algorithm will think that your level is very low, and will continue to feed you easy questions. In other words, you risk not being able to break out of the easy zone to get into the hard zone, for which you had prepared. (This is actually an important issus for GRE candidates who are non-native speakers of English.)

Furthermore, you will not get an accurate feel of the test if you sort out only some of the questions.

There's a lot more I have to say on this, but I've got to move on to other 0-reply questions...

But you get the idea, right?

sunilbhat
10-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Hi Erin,
I totally agree with you , but to get better prepared for the test wouldn't it be better to know the traps ETS likes to put so that most people miss a question. I read in one of the posts that questions in LSAT are very tough. I do agree with that, but I can also say that once you understand the pattern of traps in LSAT , the questions get easier
SB

Ravi Nagarajan
11-27-2004, 04:28 PM
Hi Erin,

I am a new member to the forum and must say it has already been an incredible source of help in pointing me in the right direction for my GMAT preparation.

Have been reading a lot about OG on the forum - would anyone be able to help by providing a soft copy of the same for all sections of the test?

Thanks