PDA

View Full Version : Are H1Bs really over!!

eager_pharmacist
08-13-2005, 01:45 AM
Are the work already capped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was following it closely and read it in news,can someone tell me will they lift the cap next time again this year or will this happen next year,I tried to ctc my pharmacys lawyer but he didnt know it and had no intentions of finding it out also,can someone throw some light on this...

ameedoshi
08-13-2005, 01:49 AM
I met one lawyer yesterday. He told me that h1b might be over and I confirmed today on USCIS website. Also he told me that chile and singapore quota(6800) will open to general if there are seats available. But it is less likely because last yr congress had issued 10000 visas extra. So this time they want to match up with numbers. But we never know, wait for 1st october or next april.

Are the work already capped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was following it closely and read it in news,can someone tell me will they lift the cap next time again this year or will this happen next year,I tried to ctc my pharmacys lawyer but he didnt know it and had no intentions of finding it out also,can someone throw some light on this...

lawu2002
08-13-2005, 04:49 AM
its over now for this year. last receipt date was August 10, 2005. :( so sorry about that. but still dont give up hope. make the most out of your free months. spend more time with the children. it will break your heart when you start leaving them to other people to watch over them when you go to work.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/H-1Bcap_12Aug05.pdf

eager_pharmacist
08-13-2005, 12:13 PM
You r right lawu2002 does someone know abt the new W visas,I am already employed but I was thinking abt it for my sis,at this pace she wont ever get employed here, coz in these free months the employers dont bother to talk and the cap is just lifted for 2 months or so.I even dont know the documents for it,for H1 I had the checklist ready as sent to me by my employer,does anyone have any idea abt it...

pharmacist2005
08-13-2005, 07:07 PM
hi ameedoshi

can you tell me where did you find out about the 6800 visas ? i read the press release by the USCIS and they say that unused 6800 visas will be made available on october 1 2006 for the next 2007 fiscal year.

i am really confused. my employer-to be ( a renowned chain store) filed it on thursday (11th august 2005 ) and we read the anoncement yesterday afternoon on the USCIS site.

pharmacist2005

eager_pharmacist
08-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Pharmacist 2005,I am sorry to say but the H1bs were over on the 10th,we got this news much late coz they dont release this news fast...amee is right,they do that every year for the unused visas,my lawyer speculated that they wld open some visas for this year,i donno if thats right coz he isnt sure these speculations are in the air,we can know after sometime,just hang in there and dont worry u r not alone in this,we are battling together at many fronts..

ameedoshi
08-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Pharmacist2005,

As I mentioned, if there are any unused chile and singapore visa available then they will open on october 1st or april 1st. H1b for fiscal yr 2006 was over on 10th. If u have send the application on 11th then most probably it will return. You should be ready for october 1st.

Eager_pharmacist,

You mentioned about "W" visa. What is that ? Does that work for pharmacist ?

Pharmacist 2005,I am sorry to say but the H1bs were over on the 10th,we got this news much late coz they dont release this news fast...amee is right,they do that every year for the unused visas,my lawyer speculated that they wld open some visas for this year,i donno if thats right coz he isnt sure these speculations are in the air,we can know after sometime,just hang in there and dont worry u r not alone in this,we are battling together at many fronts..

eager_pharmacist
08-13-2005, 10:42 PM
I dont know amee abt it I read it in The Hindu I dont remember when was it posted there.The article was H1Bs Passe W visas are hot,I thought that time..well maybe sometime I wld read the entire article but now I am frantically searching for it but no use..if you have any lawyer pls talk to him abt it.

Amee the singapore chille thing will open NEXT YR I read it clearly on the website it says that if there are some unused visas for Singapore and chille then they will make it to general for next FY.

lawu2002
08-13-2005, 11:32 PM
eager ph is right. any unused visas from singapore-chile will be added on the next fiscal year's cap. everybody else who didnt make it last Aug 10th will fall in line again on April 1st, 2006 with start date of Oct 1, 2006. the unused visas are not something that can be processed and given to the general public in between FYs.

read the press release in my previous msg

jinal
08-14-2005, 12:09 AM
hi! All

There is no other way. we have to wait untill one yr. that too much, right! anybody knows, in past, they issued visas for receiving application. if any one has idea, can u please guide me. actually, i am worried.

eager_pharmacist
08-14-2005, 01:22 AM
Yes Jinal,if your application was recd before 10th then you will get Visa but if no then they randomly draw the applications and how it is done is a mystery..they just need ur application before the deadline,then they get back to the lawyers for the documents,no body knows what documents are eaxctly needed,sometimes they need marksheets sometimes no,so it all depends.

jinal
08-14-2005, 01:46 AM
hi!
eager pharmacist

i wann a know, if they received application on 11th, they will return it. i heard that in past, they accepted it. so, do u have any idea?

thanks

hi! eager pharmacist

i wanna know that if they received applications after 10, they will return those applications. or they will keep it and process it.

thanks

lawu2002
08-14-2005, 03:31 AM
jinal,
lets wait for pharmacist2005's application as to what happens. he was applied on aug 11th.

see the press release:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/H-1Bcap_12Aug05.pdf

eager_pharmacist
08-14-2005, 01:45 PM
jinal,

My sis had the same case as yours,they stopped accepting the application on the 10th itself,only the applications that were accepted on 10th were not returned,on the other hand the appli which reached them on 11th were returned,thats why the lawyers came to know that the cap is closed before all of us,infact the american association of lawyers posted abt it on their website on 11th afternoon itself,the USCIS released the information much later.

Jinal you can talk to your employer about your work permit,she will be able to tell you exactly what happened to your application..

Till then keep trying non-profitable institutions,thats the best option.

jinal
08-14-2005, 09:37 PM
hi! eager pharmacist

do u mean that empolyer like rite adi, wal green forces them, they will accept it. i also heard that they took that decission in the afternoon. before that, whichever applications, they entered, they have to accept those, right! this case only possible for people, who went for premimum processing. becoze, they have to enter application after receiving those.

do u have any idea about that? becoze, that question is too much worried for us.can please give your opinion?

thanks
jinal

kosarey
08-14-2005, 09:45 PM
hi
can any one tell me how many days it take to reach to them.if mine was send on 8th Aug.

jinal
08-14-2005, 09:58 PM
hi!

if yours was sent through fed-x, next day delivery.
i think, u r all right.

jinal

lawu2002
08-14-2005, 10:09 PM
depends where it was mailed from, and how. check the postal services.

eager_pharmacist
08-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Jinal,

Whoever applies after the deadline,will be turned-down,be it rite-aid,walgreens or anyone.They have specified that,they are too strict with their rules.Now,sweetie,no pressure works here,if by someway your recruiter like rite-aid anticipated it and filed much before the deadline,you will be good then.But as you said if they filed on 11th then unfortunately there are no chances.

No company bends its rules for a single employee,bear in mind that,if they cant get one vacancy filled they dont care about it.

And as far as premium processing goes,this kind is only to expedite the H1B PROCESSING,there is no difference in recieving the applications,all applications are recieved and are subject to cap be it premium or normal,PREMIUM is done only to expedite the process,the procedures, not anything else.

Call up your recruiter,if it is Rite-aid call up sagee mahmood and ask her,tell her if this is the case process mine for next year.

DOnt worry much you will be fine.

pharmacist2005
08-22-2005, 05:23 PM
hi friends

i recieved the email from the lawyer and she told me that my application was returned. so i have to wait one more year to start internship.

I have no hope on that remaining 6800 visas as the press release by USCIS clearly states that they will be made available on october 1st 2006 for FY 2007. thanks lawu2002 for your kind words. i wanted to tell you something...i didn't need the license from my home country for filing h1-b.

it is damn frustrating but no way out.

pharmacist2005

lawu2002
08-22-2005, 05:53 PM
we are also sad to hear about it, ph2005. just hang in there. maybe you could just focus to take the Naplex for the states who accepts it before internship. that will boost ahead your position up the ladder, companies will scramble in sponsoring you. Walgreens does give great incentives for that.... your sponsor did their best. the failure is their loss too. nobody knew about the imminent closure to come too soon.

i agree with EagerPh. its true that the INS does not give any favors esp on issues like deadlines. its just quite unfair that there was no warning as to how fast the cap is going to get filled.

i read from somewhere someone betting their hopes on the 6800 slots from the Singapore-Chile cap to be available on Oct 1st. please dont rely on those. they are ill-advised.

now all take a deep breath. plan for the next months. study, enjoy the kids or read a good inspiring book.

jinal
08-23-2005, 02:31 AM
hi!
pharmacist 2005

i am sorry to hear that.i wanna know, did u apply for regular processing or for premium processing? where did they receive your application?

thanks
jinal
hi friends

i recieved the email from the lawyer and she told me that my application was returned. so i have to wait one more year to start internship.

I have no hope on that remaining 6800 visas as the press release by USCIS clearly states that they will be made available on october 1st 2006 for FY 2007. thanks lawu2002 for your kind words. i wanted to tell you something...i didn't need the license from my home country for filing h1-b.

pharmacist2005

ananveen
08-23-2005, 02:27 PM
pharmacist2005, am really sorry about situation, it had happend with couple of my friends too, but we r help less....hmmm after passing all that exams and struggling with NABP to get our certificates,this kind of experience really bothers,anyways keep your spirits high and keep waiting....I wish u and others best luck.

hi friends

pharmacist2005

pharmacist2005
08-23-2005, 05:29 PM
hi friends

my employer-to-be had filed my h1 in premium processing. i guess they had send it to the office in california but what is the use as they filed on 11th august.

pharmacist2005

eager_pharmacist
08-23-2005, 10:09 PM
Pharmacist 2005,apply for non profitable institutions,do you need a ctc list for florida ,let me know,they need tons of pharmacist ,no use of being depressed,try other avenues.

This is for all,please dont be under a false hope that H1b will be increased coz the gov does not favour this,they want to outsource their jobs,try other avenues like hospitals or any other place.

Dont lose hope

jinal
08-24-2005, 12:20 AM
hi! eager pharmacist

have u heard about your sister's file? if u have any information about returned petition, who filed on 8/10, let me know.

thanks
jinal

Pharmacist 2005,apply for non profitable institutions,do you need a ctc list for florida ,let me know,they need tons of pharmacist ,no use of being depressed,try other avenues.

This is for all,please dont be under a false hope that H1b will be increased coz the gov does not favour this,they want to outsource their jobs,try other avenues like hospitals or any other place.

Dont lose hope

eager_pharmacist
08-24-2005, 02:04 PM
My sis did not get her H1b,I think I mentioned that,her lawyers were damn late for the premium H1B...

Go Terps!
08-24-2005, 11:36 PM

Dont lose hope

Hi eager pharmacist!

What is a ctc list? And can you give me some examples of non profitable institutions? They are exempt for the H1B visa petitions, right?!

Thanks a lot!

eager_pharmacist
08-25-2005, 07:59 PM
CtC is the contact information of the directors can someone help me post it in this forum,.