PDA

View Full Version : Unconventional intern hours...........Michigan board of pharmacy

sureshbasavaraj
08-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Dear All,
I was enquiring with Michigan board of pharmacy how to get waive off 400 hrs of internship by claiming unconventional internship( Previous experience in Lab or factory settings) They replied saying .....We would have to get a letter from your employer with your name, dates of employment, hours per week and total hours. It must also list your duties.
Is any one have a previous experience of claiming of unconventional intern hours,Please share the views and experience.

Suresh:hmm:

eager_pharmacist
08-27-2005, 02:09 PM
I am unaware of this issue,i am sure many of us are unaware too,so please tell us more abt it if possible,shld the employer be in US??

crsreeve
08-30-2005, 05:40 PM
According to our state board I got this info:

you can take those hours only after you get the intern permit. You are not allowed to count the hours before you completed FPGEC. The max you can take is 48 hours per week. So if you get 40 intern hours in retail pharamcy, you can get another 8 intern hours by working in a drug industry or a lab. But again you should have a pharmacy preceptor to get those extra 8 hours per week. Any supervisor can't sign for that, it must be pharmacy preceptor. Also the unconventional hours has to be approved by the board before it is started.

This is useful for someone who is already working in a company or a lab and doing internship part-time

Dear All,
I was enquiring with Michigan board of pharmacy how to get waive off 400 hrs of internship by claiming unconventional internship( Previous experience in Lab or factory settings) They replied saying .....We would have to get a letter from your employer with your name, dates of employment, hours per week and total hours. It must also list your duties.
Is any one have a previous experience of claiming of unconventional intern hours,Please share the views and experience.

Suresh:hmm:

sureshbasavaraj
08-30-2005, 09:50 PM
Thanks

suresh