PDA

View Full Version : Should I prefer Big book on soft wares?

Moizza
04-23-2003, 10:31 AM
I have read in the ets web site that some questions can come from previous test papers so does it mean that we can expect questions from Big book? Another thing, I have many soft wares( power prep, Arco, barron, Kaplan and neoveda) and Big book. Can any one guide me that of all these which should I prefer as I don't have much time left.

kvrn
04-24-2003, 02:16 PM
powerprep gives u a good practice.
I think Arco is good for essays..
If u have"Arco-Gre answers to the real essay qns"
do as much verbal test u can in Big book...u will find many new words in that.
Kaplan is good but it's papers are tougher than big book and barrons.
this is my opinion.
i think it helps u..
kavitha

Moizza
04-24-2003, 10:23 PM
Thanx for your help. But there is one doubt I wanted to clear. Many ppl. have mentioned on this forum that Big book's english section follows old pattern which has now changed. Is it so? Another thing is that I have read in ETS web site that we can expect questions from old papres and then some one mentioned this in his posting as well. Does it mean that we can expect some questions from Big book? Has any one ever had any question from it?

Erin
04-24-2003, 11:42 PM
Although ETS will not specify which questions may appear again, I believe that it would be analogies that would be most likely to reappear, since there is effectively a finite set of analogies and their question stems and answer choices that could appear on the test.

In other words, there's so much analogies practice in the Big Book that it would be difficult, if not impossible, not to repeat some of the pairs.

kvrn
04-25-2003, 01:37 AM
thanks Erin...
i too have heard that many qns may repeat from Big book...
Moizza, just don't fret urself by thinking which qn may appear...
Big book gives u good practice. Just go ahead with ur preparation and give a try...good luck..
i'm also having exam on may 14th...
once again good luck

Moizza
04-25-2003, 02:31 AM
Thanx for the prompt replies. By the way I am also planning to take exam on the same date.:)

Erin
04-25-2003, 02:51 AM
The Big Book has over 1,000 pages of material. You might make yourself crazy :crazy: trying to memorize all that! Might as well just memorize the dictionary! :p

toshibauser011
04-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Hey Erin,

So as aforementioned, kaplan's paper-based exams tend to be HARDER than the real exams????? I was going through the Kap quant. workbook, and i have to admit that some questions were pretty tough.