PDA

View Full Version : Can I discuss both aspects of a firmly stated ques

Withdrawn User
05-04-2002, 06:17 PM
I am really ambivallent about the topic"Nowadays food has become easier to prepare.Has this change IMPROVED people"s lives?"However the question is quite firmly stated and I doubt if I could discuss on it from both its aspects...

Erin
05-06-2002, 09:53 PM
Hi, Novice.

Which part of the topic do you disagree with? That food has become easier to prepare? Or that this change has improved people's lives?

If it's the latter, then it would be acceptable for you to disagree that this change has NOT improved people's lives.

Let's look again at the actual essay prompt:

Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

As you can see, this topic actually asks us to discuss whether or not this change is a good one.

Usually, when we discuss this topic in my class, people talk about the benefits (faster, greater variety, etc.), but also about the disadvantages (more expensive, generally less healthy, etc.).

Please be sure to post back if you have any other questions about this topic, novice!

HTH!!

Erin

Please post further questions here.

Please search this newsgroup for FAQs.

TestMagic.com
San Francisco, CA USA