PDA

View Full Version : i need some help about books

imported_n/a
05-21-2002, 11:13 AM
Hi,i am a individual student from Turkey and now i decided to take toefl exam.i have not got enough information about how to study and i am really confused about preparation books.
i am not good at toefl vocabulary so i want to improve it. i am thinking about two vocabulary book :
Essential Words for the Toefl by Steven J. Matthiesen
and Word Smart: Building and educated vocabulay by Adam Robinson/ Princeton Review
i am also interested in "Peterson's Toefl Reading/Grammar flash 2002"books and i need your advice.
ps:please let me now if there is any other books on this subject.

raghuveer_v
05-21-2002, 02:55 PM
Hai,

Welcome to the best site for TOEFL on the net.
(No, i am not the owner of this web-site.
I am just a student like you.)

See the page ...

http://www.TestMagic.com/Knowledge_Base/book_recommendations.htm

for the best books on TOEFL.

All the best.Bye

Raghuveer.

Erin
05-21-2002, 04:53 PM
Essential Words for the Toefl by Steven J. Matthiesen
and Word Smart: Building and educated vocabulay by Adam Robinson/ Princeton ReviewRaghuveer (who seems to be a great TestMagic ambassador ) is pointing you in the right direction.

These two books are fine, but there's no substitute for a good dictionary. Personally, I have N-E-V-E-R used a vocab-building book for English or for any other language I've studied, although they are somewhat useful for GRE or SAT.

i am also interested in "Peterson's Toefl Reading/Grammar flash 2002"books and i need your advice.

You know, I have to be very careful about talking about the quality of a book. You will notice on the page Raghuveer told you about, I don't have any negative reviews. This is because, well, I don't want to make anybody angry. You can assume, then, if the book is not listed, then I cannot recommend it.

I am familiar with most or all of the Peterson's test prep books, and have many of them in our library at TestMagic. None of my students ever look at them.

HTH!!

Erin

Please post further questions here.

Please search this newsgroup for FAQs.

TestMagic.com
San Francisco, CA USA

raghuveer_v
05-22-2002, 02:15 AM
Hey Erin! :)

Raghuveer (who seems to be a great TestMagic ambassador ) is pointing you in the right direction.

Thanks!

I've found this website so useful, that I can't help visiting it more than 5 or 6 times a day.
Whenever I find an opportunity, I logon an checkif any of my queries are answered.
In short, I'm in love with this website.

And Hey, your comments about the TOEFL prep. books helps me too.

Thanks for all, Erin.

Raghuveer.