PDA

View Full Version : My toefl experience

Anataa
05-23-2002, 02:36 AM
I took toefl in Jan. this year. Before the exam I didn't really prepared for it, I even didn't know essay is the first section of the exam, I thought it was the last. So I felt it was hard. In March I knew I got 613 in it. I am not sure if the score is ok. But I think maybe I should prepare well for it and do it again . How about your toefl experience any suggestions?

raghuveer_v
05-23-2002, 03:37 AM
Hello Anataa,

I should say, You did really great!
People I know, prepare well for TOEFL and endup scoring just around 600 in the PBT.
A score of 613, that too without prep., is really great.

And If you feel that you should attempt it again, You can as well aim for the maximum. My best wishes are with you.

Suggestions? May be, You should be giving us some.

Good Luck.

Raghuveer.

Erin
05-23-2002, 04:29 AM
Hi, Anataa! Welcome to !!

Yes, Raghuveer is right, you're off to a great start. Many people have 600 as their goal, and you got it on your first try.

As for suggestions, as I don't really know your strengths and weaknesses, would be the standard study, study, study!

Post back with your experiences, and we'll all try our best to guide you along...

Hope to hear from you soon!!

Erin

Anataa
05-25-2002, 11:45 AM
Thank you very much for your reply. I usually watch cnn or bbc in my spare time instead of my native language TV news programms. And I like read English books and magazines like Time or New Yorker. So I guess learning English is fun for me because it's like my mother tongue.
I am a junior and I want to go to a good university in US. I hope I can get some financial aid.
I don't know if a TWE score of 4 is ok ? I think I didn't do well in the essay section because I didn't practice those topics and I was regret about it a lot, Do you think it's neccesary to take Toefl again just because I want to raise my TWE score?
Thanks

madhavi
06-17-2002, 11:12 AM
hi Anaata
I am very surprised to see ur score.My goal in toefl is 610 and I am feeling that I may not get the score .I am happy to hear that you got it even without preparation.I hope I would get that score with preparation.keep advising us.I heard BBC for somedays .but these days I again switched over to the tv programs of my mother tongue.I would take care to listen only english channels.
thankyou
madhavi

Erin
06-24-2002, 04:48 PM
I even didn't know essay is the first section of the exam, I thought it was the last.

Are you sure your essay appeared FIRST??? Not LAST?? And you're talking about the REAL TOEFL, not Kaplan, not Longman, etc.??

Please let us know, as this is a vital point.

Thanks in advance!!

Erin

atnoon
07-01-2002, 06:44 AM
Are you sure your essay appeared FIRST??? Not LAST?? And you're talking about the REAL TOEFL, not Kaplan, not Longman, etc.??

Please let us know, as this is a vital point.

Thanks in advance!!

Erin
[/quote]

That's not strange, Erin!!
Here, Thailand, assey test of PBT is appeared at the beginning before listening, grammar and reading test.

But now, there is on CBT in Thailand.