PDA

View Full Version : Experimental Section

jassur
05-29-2003, 11:18 PM
Hi everybody,
I was just wondering if a same section (like verbal or quant ) could appear one after another.. I means if there are two verbals in the test then whether a sequence could be like this or not : V V Q or Q V V.

If anyone faced two same sections in a row then please tell me.

If its necessary that the section should come alternatively then we can know in the begining of the test whether verbal or quant ( i.e. the first section that appeared in test) would be a experimental section and be mentally strong accordingly.

Thanx

jassur
05-31-2003, 11:21 PM
Had i posted my query under wrong category ?
I wanted to ask real test takers and experienced ones if a category of section (like verbal or quant) could appear consecutively or not .

Please tell me ur own experience whether u faced consecutive sections of same category or not. (for my first time, the sequence was verbal quant verbal)

If i can come to know whether my experimental section will be verbal or quant in the first section only ,then i can concentrate more on sections.

So please share ur experience
Thanks

Moizza
06-02-2003, 12:02 AM
Hi jassur,

Please don't make the mistake of believening that if u get the sequence vqv or qvq that means the first section is experimental coz evevn if u get this sequence it doesan't mean that the 1st section is experimental. Firstly when u get the first section how would u know that what the next section would be? It may again be the same section. Even if its not then the last section may be experimental. So I'll advice rather insist that you focus equally on all the three sections.

Good Luck for your exam.

Tania
06-02-2003, 04:52 AM
can anyone please explain to me how can one have 2V or 2Q sections?

My performance in the experimental section would not count towards my final score right??

In TOEFL, if the section we are taking up is an experimental one, then we are informed. Is it the same for GRE?

if we have 2V sections do we have to score in both V sections?
if we have 2Q sections do we have to score in both Q sections?

jassur
06-02-2003, 04:24 PM
I know by no means i could come to know which one is the experimental section but if the alternate sequence of sections is necessary then atleast i can be assured in the first section only that my experimental section will either be verbal or quant..

That is everytime either section 1 or section 3 ( if both are same section according to alternate pattern ) will be the experimental one and it would be of category of section 1.

Experimental section scores don't count.