PDA

View Full Version : My toefl: 643

muaxuan68
06-27-2003, 11:54 PM
Big big thanks go to every TMs, especially Erin, Phuoc, MAl, Fortune, and Wwann for their heated exchanges with me :cool:. I received my Toefl scores by phone yesterday. I got 61, 65, 67 and Twe 3.0 :(. Total score is 643, much more than expected :o:o:o

Erin
06-28-2003, 12:04 AM
Congrats!!!!

Wow, that's a great score, but I know for sure that you worked for it, at least here in the forums!! :p

Yes, I think that your friends here in the forum helped you a lot too. Lot of smart people here, huh??? [^]

nnphuoc
06-28-2003, 12:34 AM
More than excellent score!:D:):p:drunk::crazy:

[dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance]
[dance]
YOU DID IT !!![dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!![dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance]

Fortune
06-28-2003, 12:57 AM
[/SIZE]CONGRATULATIONS MUAXUAN. YOU ARE VERY EXCELLENT AS USUAL. [/SIZE]

vvaann
06-28-2003, 02:12 AM
Congratulations Muaxuan!

Your score is a bit unbelieveable:o; you made me proud[^]!
I wish I could get that score one day, Muaxuan!
Muaxuan, I've never known anyone who has so high score in Vietnam:) and I believe you, in fact, are a well-rounded person; that made me want to meet you some day.
One more time, [/SIZE]Congratulations Muaxuan![/SIZE]

harbinger
06-28-2003, 02:54 AM
Yeah, I also think that Muaxuan is one of the best TOEFL takers . Frankly I envy her ability and her score. Hope that I will get so high score as what she has.[heartbeat][heartbeat]

hoangluong
06-28-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by muaxuan68

Big big thanks go to every TMs, especially Erin, Phuoc, MAl, Fortune, and Wwann for their heated exchanges with me :cool:. I received my Toefl scores by phone yesterday. I got 61, 65, 67 and Twe 3.0 :(. Total score is 643, much more than expected :o:o:o

Congratulations on an awesome score!!! Honestly, a Vietnamese with that high TOEFL score is really hard to find for the time being, at least among those who do not major in English! I wish I will do as well on the test as you did. Once again, muaxuan68, I can't help but to congratulate you truthfully on your feat!

ttaann
06-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Hi muaxuan

Your score is great. Congratulations!!! :p

MaliciousHUT
06-29-2003, 07:45 AM

Co the thoi a`? The thi ai no lay em!E chong roi con gi nua!

vvaann
06-29-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by MaliciousHUT

Co the thoi a`? The thi ai no lay em!E chong roi con gi nua!

ga'i dau ma` ga'i, ong anh cu tuong bo!

nile
06-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Hey, pls translate into English what you're discussing! I just can't make sense of it all. It looks you're flirting with muaxuan68????

muaxuan68
06-29-2003, 11:03 PM
Thanks for all up-to-heavens and "teasing" greetings [heartbeat][heartbeat][heartbeat]:o. Erin, needless to say, this forum helped me alot. Some of my friends asked me for tricks to beat Toefl; well, am I good enough to give advice :p:p:p. I told them to act upon the below formula for either short-termed or long-termed strategies.

[/SIZE]Self-studying + Testmagic = Success[/SIZE]

My dear Erin :p and other TMs, wouldn't you agree with me?

[dance] Again many thanks and best wishes for you all [dance]

nile
06-30-2003, 01:17 AM
but what is the best way to study without a teacher? Is it a simple job of doing the TOEFL reading, then reviewing it, doing the TOEFL listening, then reviewing it, etc?? Or how?

Please list a few piece of specific advice regarding how to do the self-study? e.g reading an article per day, listening to CNN for at least 15 minutes per day, etc. sth like that. Please be more specific. I appreciate your help.

Without question, TestMagic is incredibly great, especially for those already with good English skills who want to improve test tactics and orientate their preparation. I can say without hesitation this website is more than a teacher.

cathy
07-02-2003, 03:12 AM
Wonderful result

knight
07-06-2003, 08:17 PM
Hi muaxuan68,
I took TOEFL on the same day ,10th May but now i haven't received my score. So i decide to call them.Could you give me the phone number to ask score and how to call from Viet Nam.
Thanks,

muaxuan68
07-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by knight

Hi muaxuan68,
I took TOEFL on the same day ,10th May but now i haven't received my score. So i decide to call them.Could you give me the phone number to ask score and how to call from Viet Nam.
Thanks,

Hi Knight,
4 days ago I received my Toefl report by post. You should get it soon, don't worry. Look forward to your beautiful scores.

andrea
07-15-2003, 09:49 AM
hi,
those r excellent scores...... i am also planning to take the pbt. pl. could u tell me, if u got an essay to write or not, i am a little confused there, and also the listening section how was that do they give u like a walkman or what.
and also if it is not toooooooooooooo much trouble pl. could u tell me how many sections r there.
thanks... waitin for reply.

muaxuan68
07-21-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by andrea

hi,
those r excellent scores...... i am also planning to take the pbt. pl. could u tell me, if u got an essay to write or not, i am a little confused there, and also the listening section how was that do they give u like a walkman or what.
and also if it is not toooooooooooooo much trouble pl. could u tell me how many sections r there.
thanks... waitin for reply.

- Yes, you have to write one essay. Its result does not count toward the total score.
- You are thown into a room with surrounding speakers. The sound quality is good, don't worry
- There are three sections in Toefl:
+Listening: usually consisting of 50 questions.
+Grammar: 40 questions
+Reading: 50 questions
(Please check out a Toefl bulletin for more details)
In my test, there were unexpectedly 70 questions in the listening section, so be prepared.

Good luck!

andrea
08-02-2003, 05:50 PM
thanks a lot ya for the ans. it was very helpful.