PDA

View Full Version : help needed asap..new member..

archu
07-01-2003, 08:07 AM
Hi ppl,
This is archana here and it's great to be a part of this amazing site !! I have exactly 2 months for D-day !! I'd love suggestions from the "experienced" !! Iam done with 40 wordlists from barrons once and ive taken math tests from kaplan,princetons,petersons and barrons.I havent concentrated much on the anals part as of now..just went thru some essays online...!!! Well,I find verbal the most time consuming,and as of now iam not too confident about it...what and how do i prepare for verbal so as to get a score above 700 ? Whats the ideal study plan ?
Wud be great if anyone of u reply asap..thanks again.
Cheers,
Archana.

andrea
07-05-2003, 03:22 PM
hi,
i also planning to give my gre in late aug or early sep. i have just started studying words and donr some math. bought the barrons book and did all the math from there. alos took the kaplan class and have studyed the top 200 words they gave, i have read that people r studying the barron wordlist so r they studying all the 3500 words and also there guru wordlist do u know what word list is that. i have also not yet started on the AW section.
have fun,
andrea

archu
07-05-2003, 05:09 PM
any suggestions from the experienced..pls ??

andrea
07-09-2003, 12:10 AM
hi archu,
i was reading the toefl forum and found out that u took your toefl so how was it i am planning to take it inat the end of the month so am nervous...
thanks waiting for reply.

archu
07-09-2003, 03:20 AM
wow - where did u see that-cos i never even ventured into
that section--!??! anyways -- as a matter of fact i have taken my toefl - and let me tell you- thats the last thing u need to worry abt right now !! trsut me on this one-it's a piece of cake - all u need is 3-4 days of preps- and that too -so that u can get to know the type of questions asked and to time urself and make sure u finish the test--i got 273- i was actually aiming for more - but i guess it was my first experience of a major online test - so i kinda bungled up with the listening part-- take the powerprep tests- they shud give u an approximate of what u'll get in actual TOEFL test !! nutin to worry--if u still have ur GRE ---go ahead with that--dont waste too much time on this--piece of advice--dont panic during the listening sec- all u need to do is relax--grammar---too easy--just do couple of practice qs to get the hang of it--reading comprehension - no where near compared to the ones on GRE--u'll have enough time to finish up with every one of them -very few qs where u'll have to break ur head interpreting n all--and finally the essay--if u've walked on this earth for more than 18 or so yrs..its gonna be nutin--its all general stuff--no argument no issue-in fact i remember getting an essay ( i hope i can disclose this-its anyway frm the pool of topics--) which was sumtin like---do u think its better to live in an independent house or in a building/apartment !!!! something as trivial as this--!! So,basically,chill out for toefl-concentrate on gre- and all the best !!!