PDA

View Full Version : kaplan classes

andrea
07-05-2003, 03:14 PM
hi,
i jave just finished my kaplan class room classes and have finished their top 200 words, please could someone advise me which words should i shart learning now.
people talk about studying the barrons list i bought the book (14 ed)
and there are 3500 words so should i study that, and also what is the guru list?
thanks a lot, waiting for replies,
andrea :D

vm
07-07-2003, 03:09 AM
Hi

I would like to share my experience with Barron's.

I myself bought barron's book and have already started to memorize these words. I am taking GRE on July 25th. Believe me it is not an easy job, especially because I did not have spectacular vocabulary to start with. So, words, most might have found easy and commonly used, were new to me.

Anyway, I have memorized ten lists so far and find that it gets easier as you go further. I don't know when you are going to take the test. But one thing is sure that I noticed that most of the words used in GRE Test is included in these gigantic list of words in this book.

If you think you will be able to memorize all these words b4 your exam, go for it. You won't regret it.

VM

andrea
07-08-2003, 11:54 PM
dear VM,
Thanks a lot for u r reply, i am planning to take it in the end of aug. so i think that i will start with the barrons list.
take care,
andrea