PDA

View Full Version : GRE time management on each sections

moogoogaigop
07-14-2003, 04:16 AM
I have not seen a post relating to this(or maybe I just missed it), but I decided to post the topic on time management on the GRE.

Firstly, on "Practicing the GRE 10th edition by ETS":

The time given are different (V: 38 questions 30 min, Q: 30 questions 30 min). Should I stick to doing the questions with the time limit following the book, or should I follow the time limit on the CAT tests? Or should I just disregard all these and practice them without thinking about the time constraint? Please tell me your practicing methods on this book. I find the time given on the paper tests to be very short, I still wonder how people could actually finish their tests in time when paper tests were given. [xx(]

Next is, how we should manage our time on the actual CAT tests:

How I manage my time on the Verbal Section:
12 min -> should be done with 10Q
22 min -> should be done with 20Q
30 min -> should be done with 30Q

How I manage my time on the Quant. Section:
16 min -> should be done with 10 Q
32 min -> should be done with 20 Q
45 min -> should be done with 28 Q

Usually, I do not have a problem with the verbal part(since my verbal part is weak, usually I run into the "I know" or the "I don't know" questions, but not in between). But I occasionally run into time management problems on the Quant. section and end up not finishing the last 1-2Q.

Any advise on this topic? :D

moogoogaigop
07-15-2003, 02:19 AM
Any thoughts? Really clueless on this part.

vm
07-16-2003, 02:04 PM
HI moogoogaigop,

I like the way you have divided your time. Though I don't follow such division but i tend to keep in hand a lot of time for graph questions. Ususally I find that first few questions are so easy that few of them don't even take one minute. I usually finish my first 10 questions in 8-9 minutes. That gives me around 2 mintes each for rest of the problem.

But, that is just my way of doing it. I think you might want to save some time on first 10 questions.

VM

Vinay
07-16-2003, 03:25 PM
u know wht all these things vanish as soon as the test starts so its better to concentrate on tests at tht time then sticking to a schedule. just answer first 6-10 questions with utmost care and after tht just solve answers as if a dog is running behind u to bite ;-)

pateljk
07-29-2003, 10:20 PM
try this way for Q section

22 min first 10 que
13 min next 10
10 min for last 8

i feel it most efficient

thanks

jigs