PDA

View Full Version : My Mistake: I forgot to adjust the volume

INU
06-11-2002, 01:53 AM
Hi, Erin. :)

Since the middle of the last month, I was struggling with my heavy work (It was brutal!) and couldn't post here at all.
But I barely keep my motivation at a high level, and on May 26 I got 223-280 (without writing score) in TOEFL CBT.
This was my third time try and I was enough used to the test.
But the first time was terrible. :o

My mistake was that I went through skipped the volume adjustment process!

Although everyone who prepare for TOEFL with PowerPrep wouldn't do this mistake, stupidly I save it for the last and found no time to do it before the real test.

So, I want tell you all, "Adjust the volume twice in the test!"

I thought my adjustment of volume in the tutorial section was fixed and went into real test section without adjusting the volume. I couldn't listen well, but it was too late and my $110 was gone...

Recently I've met a person who made the same mistake that I did.
I'm ashamed to reveal such a mistake, but I hope this helps prospective test takers.

Finally, thank you for your time, Erin. :)
Your kind cooperation was quite helpful!!!
Please help me in my admission process, too!!!

Edited by - INU on 2002 Jun 11 18:19:59

Edited by - INU on 2002 Jun 21 03:34:08

Erin
06-13-2002, 04:48 PM
[dance][goodjob][dance][goodjob][dance][goodjob][dance]

Great Job!

INU, your score is GREAT! You should be very happy and (a little bit) proud of yourself. And please do not feel ashamed. None of us are gods, we are all mortals, and we all make mistakes. If we feel ashamed or embarrassed about every mistake we make, we are guaranteed to live a life of shame and embarrassment, ne (=don't you think)?

You should also feel proud: you are helping others. You are contributing to the betterment of humankind. By admitting your mistake, you are helping others not to make the same mistake. In a very real sense, you are helping others after you to do better in much the same way that those before you helped you.

BTW, I edited your post a little bit because "to go through" has different meanings: to complete, to experience is one meaning. The other literal meaning, which I'm guessing you meant to write, is to literally "go through," much like we "go through" a tunnel.

Great job, INU! For what it's worth, I'm very proud of you!

Erin

raghuveer_v
06-14-2002, 03:20 AM
Thanks a Lot, INU.

http://www.giftservice.co.uk/balloons/images/miscellaneous/04348%20%20thank%20you%20(purple).jpg

That was really great advice. A big 'Thankyou', straight from the heart.

<table style="background-color:white;color:Gray;font-face:arial;font-size:10px;font-weight:bold;border:1px solid black;vertical-align:middle;cursor:hand;" onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#eeeeee';" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='white';" cellpadding=1 cellspacing=1><tr><td>http://www.allfreeclipart.com/cartoons/cartoon24.gif Raghuveer</td></tr></table>

Edited by - raghuveer_v on 2002 Jun 13 22:23:24

madhavi
06-15-2002, 01:32 PM
hi
thank you very much for your advice
madhavi