06-14-2002, 02:22 PM
Hi Erin

I got my TOEFL score today.
Listening 26
Structure 28
Reading 26
Essay 5.5
Total 267

Erin, thanks a lot for your timely support.

Regards

Arti Gupta

neetu08
06-14-2002, 02:37 PM
Congratulations Arti!!!!!!!!!

raghuveer_v
06-14-2002, 02:50 PM
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcpostcards.nsf/(Graphics)/congratulations.jpg/$FILE/congratulations.jpg

<table style="background-color:white;color:Gray;font-face:arial;font-size:10px;font-weight:bold;border:1px solid black;vertical-align:middle;cursor:hand;" onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#eeeeee';" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='white';" cellpadding=1 cellspacing=1><tr><td>http://www.allfreeclipart.com/cartoons/cartoon24.gif Raghuveer</td></tr></table>

Raghuveer.

Erin
06-14-2002, 05:45 PM
Hi Erin

I got my TOEFL score today.
Listening 26
Structure 28
Reading 26
Essay 5.5
Total 267

Erin, thanks a lot for your timely support.

Regards

Arti Gupta

Arti,

I'm starting to get the feeling that you are never satisfied with your own performance, huh? This score is excellent, especially your essay score!! 5.5 is awesome!!

Your score is quite normal for high scorers, save one thing--your reading score. Many people do best on reading, grammar, and writing, but not so well on listening. I believe this is because listening and speaking are parts of the test that are a bit different from the other parts--they are neuromuscular while the others lack this "physical" component. So, it's quite common for my students to be able to continue to raise their scores on all parts of the test much faster than they do on the listening, especially for people who are not living in English-speaking countries, such as Australia, the UK, Canada, and the States.

From your posts and your goals, I'd expect you to get 29 or 30 on the reading, but perhaps you had a bit of bad luck that day. Oh well, life goes on!

Perhaps you are a perfectionist, and perhaps this trait accounts for much of your success. I believe that all of us always feel that we can do better, and this feeling causes us to work harder and do better. However, these feelings also account for much of the unhappiness that people in the modern world now feel, and sooner or later, we all have to learn to balance our feelings of wanting to do more with our ability to accept and enjoy what we have. (A lifelong challenge, for sure.)

Finally, I am very proud of you, Arti.

Raghuveer's pic is adorable (hope the link stays active for a long time)... I cannot do better...

[dance][dance][dance]
Keep your chin up! You've done a wonderful job!!
[dance][dance][dance]

Erin

arti
06-15-2002, 12:55 AM
<font face='Tahoma'>
Hi Erin, Raghuveer and Neetu

Thanks a lot!!!.

Erin thanks for the nice post. Yeah! you are right about the trends. My Reading score is a lil low. Actually i am an impatient person. I finished my reading part in less than 30 min and didn't have the patience to go back and check my questions.

And when i saw the score....i felt little sad. Then i told myself that i need to work slow and steady..and should not rush thro' the sections. Thats what i did with GMAT later. For the first time in my life i completed an exam on time(Normally i finish my exams much before the stipulated time).

I know i have the capability to score more.....but i am happy,
since things could have been worse....but they are not.
and secondly i qualify for all the universities.

Raghuveer, thanks a lot for the nice picture. You have always been very sweet and helpful.
</font id='Tahoma'>

Arti Gupta

Erin
06-15-2002, 02:41 AM
Now I understand! I'm sorry to hear that you rushed through the TOEFL reading, but I'm glad that you learned not to do that before you took the GMAT!

I think these posts are very good; I think lots of other test takers will learn a lot from your experiences, Arti.

Erin