PDA

View Full Version : TOEFL iBT speaking

Rammy
08-31-2006, 12:10 AM
Hi Friends,
Today I registered for TOEFL iBT and practiced free test on ETS website. In the speaking section, I don't understand what they are expecting from test takers. How can one listen some new concept and reproduce it accurately with in 20 sec and read and listen a lecture reproduce it with 30 sec. Its bit hard bcause I need 26 in speaking for my licence. God knows why don't NABP accepts IELTS score or some other scores and sticking with ETS. God help us. Can someone give some suggestions to get good score in speaking.
Thanks in advance.

Rammy

Tino
09-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Don't worry about the academic side of it! Just speak!

So many students worry about giving the right answer, but really that matters little! They are listening to your English. Your accent, your use of grammar and vocab, your style (smooth and natural, halting, labored, etc....).

Just answer something, anything, but try to speak relaxed and natural, and do not stress about the right answer, or even getting "cut off" by the end of the recording.

Tino

Tseprep
09-02-2006, 12:04 AM

So many students worry about giving the right answer, but really that matters little! They are listening to your English. Your accent, your use of grammar and vocab, your style (smooth and natural, halting, labored, etc....).

Just answer something, anything, but try to speak relaxed and natural, and do not stress about the right answer, or even getting "cut off" by the end of the recording.

Tino

Be careful, they will listen to the answer, if your answer has nothing to do with the question, you will get lower score or even "0". While I doubt that you will get a zero, it will be a non-passing (meaning less than 26 for most people) score.

Kurogane
09-04-2006, 06:22 AM
Oh,TOEFL iBT speaking section is that hard?I think I 'd better take IELTS instead...

Tseprep
09-11-2006, 06:55 AM
Oh,TOEFL iBT speaking section is that hard?I think I 'd better take IELTS instead...

Some people prefer one test over others, it has been my experience that, Ielts speaking and ibt speaking, is about same in difficulty level, some of my students like the face to face interview, while others like the recording. However both is easier compare to TSE.

pimpilalai
09-11-2006, 07:37 AM
Hi Friend,

After failing TSE for more about 8 times (score 45), I took the TOEFLibt. Look at my scores. Can you tell that the 2 tests suck. Why can't they just do the interview test?

Test

Test Date

Reading

Listening

Speaking

Writing

Total

TELXML

June 16, 2006

TELXML

July 7, 2006

TELXML

August 18, 2006

How mucvh money, time and energy do I have to spend on these tests?
I am so depressed now.

Pim

Kurogane
09-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Has anyone here taken the TOEFL iBT test?I wonder what the speaking section is like,I mean what kind of questions will be asked( besides some questions such as" How are you feeling?..."

Tino
09-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Pim, Looks like your score is getting better (104!). Don't get depressed! I don't know the order of the report, so which score was your speaking score? Are you trying to get 26?

Kuro,

There are 6 speaking questions:
2 are independent. These are pretty normal, they ask you a question and you have 45 seconds to answer. Sample: "Describe the city that you live in." or "Some people like to watch movies, others prefer books. Which do you like and why?"

The point is to speak English, their is no right or wrong answer.

Then there are the 4 "integrated" speakings. These combine two skills then you have 1 minute to answer. For example, you will see a memo about new rules on campus about parking. Then you will hear a conversation between 2 students. The students are complaining about the new parking rules because one of the students just got a new car, but now she can't aford the new parking rates. Then you will be asked to speak: "What has happened that the two students are talking about, what is the problem, and what possible solutions are presented?"

On these integrated questions they are testing your speaking AND your reading and listening, so your answer does need to correctly reflect what was written and said, but you can take notes during the test on scratch paper, so just jot down the main points, and then just repeat.... it is not complicated, but it can be difficult to get an answer together, and speak it in one minute!

Tino

Tino

wolga
09-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Pim,
I faced the same problem. I have taken the new TOEFL IBT three times and my scores jump up and down, except speaking part. My speaking score remains the same-23. The most descouraging is the fact that it is doesn't matter how I feel after the exam , bad or good, the score stays the same. So, it depends very much on people who rate our responses. Just do your best and study harder! Always remeber that hard work pays you back. We need a little bit of luck and we will make it.
My best wishes,
Olga

Kurogane
09-12-2006, 05:51 AM
To Pim, it seems that you get better and better at many fields like grammar, reading,listening...,but not at speaking( not yet :().I haven't taken so many interviews,therefore I don't have much experience. Try your best,pal :grad:
To Tino,thank you very much.Your information really helps.I will try to practise and get used to this.Thanks,hope you always succeed.:tup:
To Wolga,no need to worry so much,ok?Just take it easy,try each day, and get better each day.Don't sweat it.:D
Keep on going,friends.:)

CARMEN-2006
09-21-2006, 09:22 PM
why the nabp is asking for 26 we will never get higher than 24 I guess.. 6 questions x 4 = 24.. they mean that you should get at least two fives among the 6 questions.. who could give you 5 that is impossible?
It is not the matter that english is not the first language, because no one can think and speak about a pop up topic in 20 seconds..

Rammy
09-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Hi Carmen2006, it not NABP which has set the scores, its ETS. ETS says 21 in reading, 21 listening, 26 speaking and 24 in writing are high scores and NABP accepted. No one in NABP check what is this test, how it is conducted, how it is scored. They beleive ETS because they both are business partners and we are victims. So pray GOD and practice....All the best. I am also in the same boat.....Bye

RAMMY

CARMEN-2006
09-22-2006, 02:31 AM
Rammy I feel very lost about the whole thing it is totally impossible any way i let you know after the test.. Pray for me..

Tseprep
09-25-2006, 11:28 PM
why the nabp is asking for 26 we will never get higher than 24 I guess.. 6 questions x 4 = 24.. they mean that you should get at least two fives among the 6 questions.. who could give you 5 that is impossible?
It is not the matter that english is not the first language, because no one can think and speak about a pop up topic in 20 seconds..

If you get 4 points for each questions, you will get 30 on the speaking section. For each question, you will get 0-4 points and this is converted to 30 point scale. In order to get 26, you need 2 good level (3.5 to 4.0) and 4 fair level (2.5 to 3.0) and you will get 26 on speaking. If you get 6 fair scores, the maxium scale score is 24.

Hi Carmen2006, it not NABP which has set the scores, its ETS. ETS says 21 in reading, 21 listening, 26 speaking and 24 in writing are high scores and NABP accepted. No one in NABP check what is this test, how it is conducted, how it is scored. They beleive ETS because they both are business partners and we are victims. So pray GOD and practice....All the best. I am also in the same boat.....Bye

RAMMY

I think the Listening is 18 not 21, otherwise other sections seems ok.

frenzgood
09-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Hi Friends!!
I'm suffering with the same problem. I already cleared FPGEE but couldn't get 26 in this stupid speaking section. It doesn't means that I can't speak well but problem is time allotted to think and speak is too little (15 sec).
BTW i got 23 in speaking. Carmen I wonder how could we inform nabp abt this. Because this is depriving me of getting fpgec certificate. I've also heard abt same problem from others.
I think to get 26 u need too much of luck and little bit of hard work:mad: :crazy:
I'll keep on giving this test again and again until i clear it....
Do I have any other option????? Ans is NO...
Another problem is again I have to be through those headache giving reading passages....
Frenz

CARMEN-2006
09-26-2006, 01:45 AM
I was thinking the same Frenzwood, we have to talk with them about this speaking situation. that is so not fair they have to reduce that 26 this is pain to keep taking the whole test .. I was gonna cry from Reading and the listening is getting harder than i had before..The whole story is not usefull for us .. people who cleared cbt and tse in their countries have no advantages on us but some luck.. What do u think? I have to focus on FPGEE right now wish me luck buddy..
Test prep ..thank you so much..

Tseprep
09-26-2006, 05:30 AM
I was thinking the same Frenzwood, we have to talk with them about this speaking situation. that is so not fair they have to reduce that 26 this is pain to keep taking the whole test .. I was gonna cry from Reading and the listening is getting harder than i had before..The whole story is not usefull for us .. people who cleared cbt and tse in their countries have no advantages on us but some luck.. What do u think? I have to focus on FPGEE right now wish me luck buddy..
Test prep ..thank you so much..

The best place to get good score is the first 2 questions, with only 45 seconds, most people can answer the question in 45 seconds. But for many people, they only answer 30 sec or just make general statements and this has to change.

Know your audience, your audience is An American Rater, answer so An American will understand.

JonhDR
09-26-2006, 07:25 AM
Today I registered for TOEFL iBT and practiced free test on ETS website.

Hi Rammy,

Where did you find the free test on the ETS site. I want to practice the test (ibtTOEFL) before I give the real one. Is it necessary to register first to give the free practice test? Please do help me, I am a bit worried about the new speaking section of the test :( . I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks in advace and best of luck.
JonhDR :)

Tseprep
09-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi Rammy,

Where did you find the free test on the ETS site. I want to practice the test (ibtTOEFL) before I give the real one. Is it necessary to register first to give the free practice test? Please do help me, I am a bit worried about the new speaking section of the test :( . I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks in advace and best of luck.
JonhDR :)

If you join the ETS online community and give them your email address, they will give you a practice test, but the reading and the listening sections is about same level as cbt, the real test is harder. In the speaking section, they ask the sample questions and let you hear a high level response, mid level and low level response. The writing section the first essay is useful, second essay is like TWE.

frenzgood
09-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Hi Carmen
Yes i think u shd concentrate on FPGEE. The only good thing abt TOEFL IBT is that you can give it anytime without a length procedure like FPGEE.
I wish you all the luck
Frenz:tup:

Tino
09-26-2006, 07:50 PM
First everyone complained about TSE, now everyone complains about IBT.... why, because

1) It is hard
2) It is frustrating to complete everything, but this one test
3) Because people do not understand how the ibt speaking is graded and/or cannot bring themselves to believe it

The speaking is scored based on how natually and normally your English is. Giving the perfect answer is STUPID! DUMB! IGNORANT! They do not care about the answer, they care about how you speak. Of course 15 seconds or 45 seconds or 60 seconds is really short. What does that tell you? They do not expect you to give them some genius lecture with deep insight into the question of "Is it better to live in a dormitory or off campus housing?", they just want to hear if you can speak English reasonably well!

Now of course if you totally misunderstand the question or answer 100% about something else, you will get a low score because you obviously did not understand the question, but that is NOT THE FOCUS.

Listen friends to my advice here please:

"Imagine you are talking to a friend. Speak naturally and with out reflection. Don't worry about mistakes. Don't think about what you just said, JUST KEEP TALKING, bullshiting is OK!. Pauses are ok! "Umm, ahhh" is OK! A wrong word is OK! What is important is natural, smooth, fearless talk. Do that, without too much accent, and you will get 26+"

Tino

PS: Sorry to be so strong, but I really want to make this point! They really do not care what you answer, they care HOW you answer. It seems like a simple concept, but I think most test takers do not understand it, and more importantly, refuse to apply it!

Tseprep
09-26-2006, 08:47 PM
First everyone complained about TSE, now everyone complains about IBT.... why, because

1) It is hard
2) It is frustrating to complete everything, but this one test
3) Because people do not understand how the ibt speaking is graded and/or cannot bring themselves to believe it

The speaking is scored based on how natually and normally your English is. Giving the perfect answer is STUPID! DUMB! IGNORANT! They do not care about the answer, they care about how you speak. Of course 15 seconds or 45 seconds or 60 seconds is really short. What does that tell you? They do not expect you to give them some genius lecture with deep insight into the question of "Is it better to live in a dormitory or off campus housing?", they just want to hear if you can speak English reasonably well!

Now of course if you totally misunderstand the question or answer 100% about something else, you will get a low score because you obviously did not understand the question, but that is NOT THE FOCUS.

Listen friends to my advice here please:

"Imagine you are talking to a friend. Speak naturally and with out reflection. Don't worry about mistakes. Don't think about what you just said, JUST KEEP TALKING, bullshiting is OK!. Pauses are ok! "Umm, ahhh" is OK! A wrong word is OK! What is important is natural, smooth, fearless talk. Do that, without too much accent, and you will get 26+"

Tino

PS: Sorry to be so strong, but I really want to make this point! They really do not care what you answer, they care HOW you answer. It seems like a simple concept, but I think most test takers do not understand it, and more importantly, refuse to apply it!

First what I agree: Just keep talking, bullshiting, natural, smooth, fearless answer. How you answer is the key!

What I disagree: Long pauses (2 seconds or more) more than once per question. More than 5 "Umm, ahhh" I will also add "Andddd, Wellll," etc. This is different from talking to a friend, and how you answer is very, very important.

Talking too fast, answers too short all these things will give you a lower score.

Of course this is my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

brunorafaelli
09-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Hey guys, how are you doing?

It was such a relief to see that you guys faced the same problem as I have been dealing in this past months. I´ve tried the TOEFL test 3 times just ´cause of the "Speaking" part. The last two tests I scored 24.

I have seen several posts here asking for someone to practice the Speaking part through MSN, but I would like to propose a study group that would get online at the same time and that would practice the Speaking part. I don´t know, maybe just for discussing experiences or even presenting alternatives to improve this part of the test.

Does anyone volunteer to participate in this study group online? I would be available every day at night, or Saturdays and Sundays. My time-zone is Sao Paulo, Brazil.

I have a goal to pass this test on October 18th, and I will do whatever it takes to make it! Thanks for reading this guys.

Hey guys,

I wrote something similar in another topic, but summarizing, I have been dealing with the same situation: I scored 24 on the speaking part 2 times, and I need 26.

What I would like to propose is a study group that would meet online in a certain time. The goal is to improve the Speaking skills and to discuss problems on this part of the test.

What do you guys think about that?

I hope to hear from you.

frenzgood
09-28-2006, 05:51 PM
That's a gr8t idea. I also suffered from same problem as I got 23 in speaking that let me down. May I know wat time do u wanna be online. I'm in Utah (USA).
Frenz

brunorafaelli
09-28-2006, 07:10 PM
Hey Frenz, thanks for your reply. I appreciate that you support the idea.

We can set up an online meeting for tonight. I will be connected all night long, and if nobody else shows up we can chat anyway. Do you have skype or MSN? What do you think about getting online around 8:00 PM (Ohio time - I am not sure, but I think this is the eastern time)? I will be online. My username for skype is "brunorafaelli" and for MSN is brunorafaelli@yahoo.com.br.

Thanks again.

Tseprep
09-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey Frenz, thanks for your reply. I appreciate that you support the idea.

We can set up an online meeting for tonight. I will be connected all night long, and if nobody else shows up we can chat anyway. Do you have skype or MSN? What do you think about getting online around 8:00 PM (Ohio time - I am not sure, but I think this is the eastern time)? I will be online. My username for skype is "brunorafaelli" and for MSN is brunorafaelli@yahoo.com.br.

Thanks again.

Once, you start, I am sure others will join in. Good Luck!

JonhDR
09-29-2006, 06:41 AM
hi Tseprep,

Thanks for your response :) . All your posts are quite informative, keepup the good work.

best of luck to you in your prep.:tup:

Tseprep
09-29-2006, 06:07 PM
hi Tseprep,

Thanks for your response :) . All your posts are quite informative, keepup the good work.

best of luck to you in your prep.:tup:

Thanks JohnDr,

I hope you will get your score you need soon, good luck!

purplevalleys
10-05-2006, 07:46 AM
it sounds great. I'm also very anxious about speaking. I'd like to join with you so. I now stay at home all day round, in Vietnam. May I add you?
Ly.

vaishu_sathya
10-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi everyone. Nice to hear from all of you. Really this gives me good inspiration after my two attempts. I took this exam twice and same story as others, got 22, 23 in speaking section. we have to find out ways to clear this. I am pretty intrested in joining your group. see you there.

frenzgood
10-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Hi Brunorafaelli
I feel extremely sorry that I'm responding very late. In fact, I had some problem that's why I couldn't get onilne.
Anyways we can start from now onwards....lemme know
Frenz

sreenidhi
10-26-2006, 07:23 PM
i want to take TOEFL ibt test pls guide me....how should i prepare meself for speaking section....any websites ....cds....books...for practising....

Tseprep
10-26-2006, 07:43 PM
i want to take TOEFL ibt test pls guide me....how should i prepare meself for speaking section....any websites ....cds....books...for practising....

I think Delta's Key to the Next Generation Toefl Test, is a good book to start. After that maybe Kaplan and finish off with Official Guide from ETS. I have lot of tips regarding speaking in the speaking forum, some agree with my views and others don't. Look for them and choose what you want or what you like and practice. Good luck!

purplevalleys
10-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Kaplan? I have been studied with Longman so far. Is it good enough?

Tseprep
10-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Kaplan? I have been studied with Longman so far. Is it good enough?

Do you have the longman CD? I think the questions are little different in longman compare to Delta, but it should be helpful.

knok
10-27-2006, 08:32 PM
If you get 4 points for each questions, you will get 30 on the speaking section. For each question, you will get 0-4 points and this is converted to 30 point scale. In order to get 26, you need 2 good level (3.5 to 4.0) and 4 fair level (2.5 to 3.0) and you will get 26 on speaking. If you get 6 fair scores, the maxium scale score is 24.

However, ETS grades every two questions. For example, q.1-2, 3-4, and 5-6. Do I need to get 3-4 on all 3 subgroups to earn 26?

Thank you.

Knok

rpt2be
10-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Hi knok,

I don't know how the raters do it but according to Barron... you add your 6 scores then divide it by 6... then thats your score

for example if you got 4.4.3.3.4.3=21/6=3.5=27
3.2.4.4.4.4=23/6=3.8
3.3.3.3.4.4=20/6=3.3.... maybe this is 26
3.2.3.4.4.4=20/6=3.3
3.3.3.3.3.3.=18/6=3.0=23

Holistic rating scaled score
4.0 30
3.5 27
3.0 23
2.5 19
2.0 15
1.5 11
1.0 8
0 0

maybe tseprep can help us in this...

However, ETS grades every two questions. For example, q.1-2, 3-4, and 5-6. Do I need to get 3-4 on all 3 subgroups to earn 26?

Thank you.

Knok

Tseprep
10-27-2006, 11:00 PM

Thank you.

Knok

If you got 4.0 on first 2 questions (3.5-4.0) and 3.0 on question 3-6 (3.0-3.5) you should get 26 on speaking.

#1 & #2 8 pt (4*2)
#3-#6 12 pt (3*4)

for total of 20 raw score and convert this to 30 point scale

24 raw (4*6 = 24) 30 scale
23 raw 29 scale
22 raw 28 scale
21 raw 27 scale
20 raw 26 scale

No one outside of ETS knows for sure how they convert the score, but this is how I converted the score.:)

purplevalleys
10-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Do you have the longman CD? I think the questions are little different in longman compare to Delta, but it should be helpful.

Yes, I have the audio CD and CD-CROM also. I've done the sample test offered by ETS. Listening is pretty good, but I really have difficulty in reading. I think questions in reading are harder than those given in longman.

Rammy
10-28-2006, 01:52 PM
Hi Friends,
Yes as rpt2be mentioned we need to score 20/24 to get 26/30. We need to score 4 atleast in 2 questions and 3 in remaining 4 questions, which I feel is hard. It is explained in converting rubics in ETS website. We have to be lucky to get 4 in two questions. We have to practice and hope.

All the best.

Tseprep
10-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Hi Friends,
Yes as rpt2be mentioned we need to score 20/24 to get 26/30. We need to score 4 atleast in 2 questions and 3 in remaining 4 questions, which I feel is hard. It is explained in converting rubics in ETS website. We have to be lucky to get 4 in two questions. We have to practice and hope.

All the best.

It is important to get 4 on the first 2 questions, if you could do that, you got it made.

Ilya Blinov
10-30-2006, 11:50 PM
I did a payed practice test on toeflpractice.ets.org. The results confused me. I got 76% for Reading (25 points) and 91% for Listening (26 points). How is it possible?

For the speaking, I got two scores: 19 and 14-24. What is it?

Also, as an overall result, I got 82% of correct answers. What does it mean? Does it mean I got 120*0,82=98,4 points?

Tseprep
10-31-2006, 12:41 AM
I did a payed practice test on toeflpractice.ets.org. The results confused me. I got 76% for Reading (25 points) and 91% for Listening (26 points). How is it possible?

Also, as an overall result, I got 82% of correct answers. What does it mean? Does it mean I got 120*0,82=98,4 points?

I never tried the fee based test, but if you paid for the practice test, you did pretty good. I will guess that on your speaking you got "19" but your range could be 14-24. So in a REAL ibt test your score could be lower (14) or higher (24) depending on your answer (or in between 14-24) Of course if you need 26, you will need to practice much harder.

Ilya Blinov
10-31-2006, 12:45 AM
No, I don't need 26 for Speaking. I need 100 or higher overall. And I could not understand my overall results after the practice test.

rpt2be
10-31-2006, 12:50 AM
you didn't tell us if you took the writing too.... if you only took the listenning, writting, and speaking...
25+26++24=75
25+26+14=65
the two scores you got from the speaking are your score in the dependent and independent sections.. the first one is your score in both section then the 14-24 will be the range

the 82% is the percentage of the right answers you got on the reading and listening section...

you can't get your total because you didn't state that you had the written part too

if you have your written exam... then just add it to 75 and that would be your total.

so you need 25 in writting to get 100... if you got 24 in the speaking
so you need to perfect your essay and have a better score in the other sections to get a 100

hope this helps...

Ilya Blinov
10-31-2006, 01:01 AM
Oh, I'm sorry. This is my Writing. A mashine gave me 3+3 for essays and 20 for the whole section.

So, I got 94, didn't I?

rpt2be
10-31-2006, 01:06 AM
you got 95 if you have the high rANGE of the speaking... which is 24
if you got the low range which is 14 the you got 85

so your score is in the range of..... 85-95

hope thats helps

Oh, I'm sorry. This is my Writing. A mashine gave me 3+3 for essays and 20 for the whole section.

So, I got 94, didn't I?

Ilya Blinov
10-31-2006, 01:19 AM
Thanks, it does!

After this test, I noticed an interesting thing about the Speaking: I have no adjectives in my vocab! So, I'm making a list now.

Tseprep
10-31-2006, 03:59 AM
Thanks, it does!

After this test, I noticed an interesting thing about the Speaking: I have no adjectives in my vocab! So, I'm making a list now.

Good luck on your real test!:)

shana
11-21-2006, 03:22 PM
hi I have exam on dec 08th can you please tell me how you registered for free ETS web site do I need to use different user name and passward I tried with the ETS user name and password it says not correct can you please help me with this.
Thankks

Tseprep
11-21-2006, 05:05 PM
hi I have exam on dec 08th can you please tell me how you registered for free ETS web site do I need to use different user name and passward I tried with the ETS user name and password it says not correct can you please help me with this.
Thankks

In order for you to get the free test, you need to give the ETS, your email address. At least, that's what I did to get the free test. So when you give your email address, you gain access to the online community. Your username and password for registering for ibt is different from online Toefl community.

bhupendra
02-26-2007, 03:49 AM
do you know any student who has passec toeflibt with required marks in each section in order to get fpgee certificiate

bhupendra
02-26-2007, 03:54 AM
Be careful, they will listen to the answer, if your answer has nothing to do with the question, you will get lower score or even "0". While I doubt that you will get a zero, it will be a non-passing (meaning less than 26 for most people) score.
tinoo,

do you know anybody who has passed ibt with required marks then please let me know how to prepare

bhupendra
02-26-2007, 03:59 AM

Tino do you know anybody who has passes ibt with all requirments as per fpgee std

bhupendra
02-26-2007, 04:00 AM
do you know anybody who has passed ibt with all requirments ascper fpgee std

bhupendra
02-26-2007, 04:01 AM
what kind of books are you reading

DOA
01-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Hi Friend,

After failing TSE for more about 8 times (score 45), I took the TOEFLibt. Look at my scores. Can you tell that the 2 tests suck. Why can't they just do the interview test?

Test
Test Date
Reading
Listening
Speaking
Writing
Total
TELXML
June 16, 2006
TELXML
July 7, 2006
TELXML
August 18, 2006

How mucvh money, time and energy do I have to spend on these tests?
I am so depressed now.

Pim
Can you tell me what TELXML means?

Thanks!

DOA
01-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Dear Pim,

What sort of program are you trying to get into? For most graduate schools in the US 80 - 100 is a high enough score for entrance?

DOA

vinanil
08-05-2008, 04:50 AM
Hello , I am also preparing for TOEFL iBT. my test date is on Aug-16. canany one be my study partner for speaking? I m in Kentucky ( central time)

Atilathehun
08-06-2008, 12:46 AM
This preparation material helped me to pass and meet FPGEC requirements, and, I hope, it will help someone else as well: http://www.urch.com/forums/selling/95665-toeflibt-learn-listening-system-audio-pc-cds.html
Try this link too for more preparation materials: http://www.urch.com/forums/marketplace/
Practice, practice, and more practice is the key for success in achieving 26 in Speaking. Good luck.

zahra
07-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi friends

How can we buy TOEFL iBT certificate ?
My English is not bad.
I Passed all three parts except reading.
I can study the university's books but I can not pass the exam in this limited time.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese Help me
Thanks

3boooda
07-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Zahra...what you mean by buy TOEFL iBT certificate?

estaitra
07-13-2010, 06:37 PM
I am afraid you can't buy TOEFL IBT certificate. If it was that easy everybody would do it instead of sitting for such tiring exam!

smartlolo
08-10-2010, 07:41 PM
is there any one who can help in speaking like sesions or interviews I'm from new york

205to129
12-28-2010, 05:27 AM
Dear all,

These days i am still struggling for the ibt TOEFL because I knew it's hard to meet the requirement for FPGEC.
Now I try to apply ibt TOEFL online, I meet some questions which confused me. I don't know which I should to choose in order to correctly send my score to NABP.:mad:
please help me with the Qs MARKERs. Thank you in advance!!![clap]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Select Score Recipients: Part 2 of 2

You have chosen to send your scores to the following Score Recipient(s). To add or change a Score Recipient, click the "Add Another Score Recipient" button. To delete a score recipient, click the "Remove" link.

Score Recipient/Location Department:----------?-----------------
INSTITUTION CODE: 9103

FOREIGN PHARMACY GRAD EXAM COM:---------?-----------------

MOUNT PROSPECT , IL 60056-6014 USA:---------?-----------------

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:mad:

Donnyd
01-19-2011, 03:00 PM
NABP should visit Toefl centers which are like fish markets, and ETS is making lots of money, and they never bothered about the quality. ETS is designing difficult tests so that only 10 to 15 % may pass and thus they are making lots of money. IBt tests are designed not for assessing the English proficiency, rather for assessing memory. And the most important thing is that ETS has the monopoly, that is why they are making their tests so difficult and giving permission for tests centers without keeping the fairness and quality in consideration.

Tino
01-20-2011, 10:21 PM
My understanding is that NABP is now limiting which test centers they accept the TOEFL from. I must be in the USA, and some centers in the USA are not accepted also. Anyone have contrary information? Am I in error?

Tino

Tino
01-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Found it here:
TOEFL iBT - National Association of Boards of Pharmacy® (NABP®) (http://www.nabp.net/programs/examination/fpgec/toefl-ibt/)

abubaksi
05-10-2011, 04:32 PM
I chose the closest center in the state where I live an will take the test in three weeks.
I think that you can have the test in any test center within the USA. Am I correct?

Tino
05-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Yes, any US state is fine.

Tino

abubaksi
05-31-2011, 12:48 AM
Any news about the TOEFL speaking scores for those who passed the April 2011 exam?

cevf
10-13-2011, 06:47 PM
hi Tes,

It seems that you know about the scoring system of TOEFL iBT.... i wonder how many points should I get for each writing section in order to get 24 points?
THank you very much!!!!!

TOEFL Corey
10-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Cevf,

A raw score of 8 points out of 10 would yield a scaled score of 25/30, surpassing your goal. In other words, you needs to get a 4/5 on both essays (the independent and the integrated).

Best of luck.

Donnyd
10-14-2011, 12:14 PM
My brother, this is the only way that they are making money. I appeared 15times but every time I missed the required score by 1 mark in either section. Just forget about FPGEE and iBT.

joseph
11-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi Friends,
Today I registered for TOEFL iBT and practiced free test on ETS website. In the speaking section, I don't understand what they are expecting from test takers. How can one listen some new concept and reproduce it accurately with in 20 sec and read and listen a lecture reproduce it with 30 sec. Its bit hard bcause I need 26 in speaking for my licence. God knows why don't NABP accepts IELTS score or some other scores and sticking with ETS. God help us. Can someone give some suggestions to get good score in speaking.
Thanks in advance.

Rammy

Don't worry RAMMY ! U'll be able to do all this in that v short time, but still u'll not achieve the required score. Don't ask me why ! ! ! ! ! ! !