PDA

View Full Version : One GRE myth dispelled.

GooGooDoll
08-03-2003, 04:09 AM
So, I just got access to my GRE section by section scores from the basic service provided by the Gre.org website.

I just wanted to point out a couple of things:
Myth: The questions get harder as you get more right.

This is somewhat true. For example, on Math I got 25 out of 28 questions right including the first 10 or so and then the last 11. However, while most of my questions were level 5 (the hardest level) questions, during a string in which I answered 7 in a row correctly, they threw out a level 3 question seemingly out of left field. It was like, 5,5,5,4,4,5,3 .. this confused me a little bit.

Similarly, for my verbal I got 24 out of 30 right. Again most of my questions were level 4 or 5. But, in the middle of the test, I got a level 3 question despite answering the 4 previous questions correctly.

My point is, even if you get an easy question during the middle of a section do not automatically assume you are doing poorly.

Hope this helps people when they take the exam.

neeraj.d
08-03-2003, 04:40 AM
Hi Googoodoll,

hey how do you mange to get the access ??? I mean is there any link to the gre.org site where they have your perfomance listed??? I too want to know my performance level as well ???
please do let me know ??

Neeraj

ruby
08-03-2003, 03:46 PM
hey neeraj go to gre.org site.. there u will find services ..there u will find diagonistic service.. click on that.. it offers two services.. enhanced one and basic one..go to basic one..provide ur registration no. date of birth and date of ur GRE..

GooGooDoll
08-03-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by neeraj.d

Hi Googoodoll,

hey how do you mange to get the access ??? I mean is there any link to the gre.org site where they have your perfomance listed??? I too want to know my performance level as well ???
please do let me know ??

Neeraj

When you get your score report back, go to www.gre.org, and click on services. Then scroll down and click on basic service. It will then ask you for your GRE registration number (found on the score report), date of examination and date of birth. You should then be able to access your scores; however, it took 2 weeks for them to post my scores after I received my score report so it might take a little while.

nitin1098
08-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Hi Googoodoll,

Can you post your complete feedback(diagnostic sevice) here or if it violates any of GRE guidelines (perhaps not I didn't find any at gre.org), please mail me.

Thanks!!

Nitin

Erin
08-03-2003, 05:14 PM
Yes, that's a good point. I've noticed in the many times that I've taken the various PowerPrep tests that I will sometimes get an easy or medium-difficulty question towards the end, even if I end up with a perfect score on the test (because I have a lot of the questions memorized).

So yes, don't get disheartened if you start seeing easy questions!