PDA

View Full Version : Parameters for evaluation of Speaking section

mercury_lives
10-04-2006, 01:38 PM
From the previous posts, these are the points I could infer about the speaking section. Can someone add on to this ?
a) speak naturally
b) Its not the content , but the way you speak that matters ( unless you deviate all together from the topic )
c) Occasional Pauses are okay !

I bought the Kaplan iBT book and the sample speakers were not very impressive. ! :hmm: Can someone briefly point out what the evaluators are looking for in a good 60 second talk ? ( not what they are NOT looking for )

Tseprep
10-04-2006, 07:03 PM
From the previous posts, these are the points I could infer about the speaking section. Can someone add on to this ?
a) speak naturally
b) Its not the content , but the way you speak that matters ( unless you deviate all together from the topic )
c) Occasional Pauses are okay !

I bought the Kaplan iBT book and the sample speakers were not very impressive. ! :hmm: Can someone briefly point out what the evaluators are looking for in a good 60 second talk ? ( not what they are NOT looking for )

First have an introduction and answer the question. Give a reason for your answer, and an example. Finally have a conclusion. All this with in 45 secs for the first 2 question (not 40 seconds) and within 60 seconds for 3-6 questions (not 45 seconds). Time is very important!