PDA

View Full Version : Anti-IBT Group

rainman72
10-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Dear all

I am sending u this thread , lets gather all , and send to the board of pharmacy that it is not fair to ask for 26 out of 30 in the nightmare toefl IBT exam , there are people suffering , they r done with the fpgee and want to start the internship , but they always get bad score in speaking , and i think if they ( the board stuff ) continue asking for this high score in speaking , there will be more shortage in pharmacist . I am now suffering this IBT nightmare , its really hard and the required score is not fair , so lets all send to board asking for a change in the IBT score . may be if i send it alone , there will be no response , but if they found lots of people sending this , they respond . we r all building our future , so no need for a stupid requirments.

LETS ALL BE BRAVE , I AM SENDING NOW , FOLLOW ME ALL PLZ

and i want everybody read this , plz reply , so i can read your point of view , if it is with me or againest me .

my personal email is rainman72@hotmail.com.

frenzgood
10-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Hi rainman
I totally agree with you. 26 in speaking section is too high and very difficult to achieve. For instance, if someone gets 24 and has already cleared FPGEE, Does it means that he/she can not be a good pharmacist???

fpgee_pharmacy
10-11-2006, 05:11 PM
but guys do u think nabp will listen to u.it didnt resond to my simple request to send my letter even after many faxes.but i competley agree with raihman.

fafy
10-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi guys
I don't mean to disappoint you but I think you're wasting your time. Lots of people from this forum have already try to send a petition for the last TSE without any result. Even if I agree with you for the unfair level they ask I'm not sure they will listen to our complaint. Try to look in this forum the posts about the former petition.
Good luck.

sbc
10-11-2006, 07:03 PM
hi,

I am with rainman . 26 in speaking section is really hard. What i have to do inform me.

wolga
10-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Hi guys
I don't mean to disappoint you but I think you're wasting your time. Lots of people from this forum have already try to send a petition for the last TSE without any result. Even if I agree with you for the unfair level they ask I'm not sure they will listen to our complaint. Try to look in this forum the posts about the former petition.
Good luck.

Fafy, there was result. WE do not have 2 years limitation to pass the TOEFL.

WE have to come up with something. Why we have to be good (exellent)speakers and writers, intermediets readers, and even worse listeners in order to be pharmacists?

frenzgood
10-11-2006, 08:55 PM
I think we should fight it out for everyone. I have a friend who cleared fpgee last yr but could not clear IBT even after several attempts...
I wish nabp people ever browsed this forum and get feedback from the candidates.....
But atleast we shd try .......

riva
10-11-2006, 09:22 PM
yeah! Wolga is right. After trying hard , now we have no more expiration of FPGEE . But passing FPGEE is of no use untill you get through IBT , same case with me too. And there is no harm in trying. Guys I am with you all.
Riva

fumi
10-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Guys Guys!
U dont do things this way! We are favoured by nabp no longer giving us a time limit for the ibt expiration.Lets not take the law into our hands and make them reverse their decision!
Instead of concentrating on the problem why not concentrate on the solution?
Take a look at kingtut's blog,learn from there,take speech classes wt a friend and determine to do it!
Nabp is not concerned wt anything u write to them as they have done their best and are backed up by the Law as an examining body.
So pls tread gently and wisely.
all the best as u make it in flying colours!

FPGEE_DESPERATE
10-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Hi guys!
I understand your frustration but I would like to warn you on the risks such an initiative might have. We are basically trying to ask NABP to lower the standards of the FPGEE and frankly I do not see what good such a thing can do for us. What will happen if those who failed the FPGEE 2 or 3 times asked the NABP to lower the passing score to 65 instead of 75?. I want to clear the iBT but i do not want any favour by lowering the passing grade. Others from India, france, Philipines, China, Pakistan, Nigeria etc... have passed the test, so it is possible to pass!, I think we should stop complaining and crying and be grateful that the USA is giving us a way to become pharmacists and have a better opportunity than our own countries could not give us in life. We do not want to be begging or negotiating our licensing requiremens. Let's study hard and stop complaining, we passed the FPGEE, we will also pass the iBT, InchAllah.
PS: I can understand if you guys want to write the NABP to expedite the application process and avoid lenghty delays for all the applicants....
May God bless all of us.

rainman72
10-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Thank u all for your good response , and plz all the people who passed this nightmare test , tell us how to score that 26 in speaking , thanks for your help

try to pass
10-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Dear Friends
IBT speaking is the same as TSE , as i personaly know a lot of pharmacists did pass it here IN USA with 50 after several time.. Our problem is we have to retake the whole test even if you got all the required scores in other sections, which is hard for me..
Any way keep on trying every month
regards

wolga
10-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Dear friends, we have to give our feedback to NABP. As far as I know none of the organizations and schools requires specific score in each part in TOEFL ibt. They all require overall score, which can be high like 102 or 105. Now we have 89, which is not that high. However, ETS knows that only foreign pharmacists need specific score in each part. Not much can be done with reading and listening because human factor is not involved to rate them. Writing is also pretty fair even though it rated by people. So, speaking is the part that they can do whatever they want. I believe that it is not big difference in speaking ability between them who got 26 and 24; however, the ones who got 24 canít be pharmacists, and ones who got 26 can. By giving 25, 24, or 23 in speaking they know that we are going to come back and retake it several times, so they can have money coming constantly. It is monopoly and they know that. It is my opinion, but NABP can ask us to have overall score like up to Ö I do not know but NABP has do decide, and in this case ETS doesnít have that much opportunity to make us take it again because we are missing 1 point in speaking part. Even FPGEE gives us over all score, and they do not ask us to have 65 in basic science and 85 in pharmacology, and so on.

FPGEE desperate do not take it personally, but no one is bagging for license here. FPGEE is our professional exam and it is bazaar to ask for lower score. According to my opinion, it is reasonable that they do evaluation for so long. There were people who send fake diplomas to NABP, so there is a good reason for such long and careful evaluation.

We have to keep in our minds that NABP and ETS are different organizations, and ETS just got a great opportunity to make money on us. If we wonít bring to NABP our opinion, they will think that everything is fine with TOEFL ibt. Again, it is my personal opinion and I can be wrong in some points.

Thank you guys for bringing up that discussion.

frenzgood
10-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Hi FPGEE desperate
It seems you are very disappointed from your country but proudly I'm not. I'm Indian and don't think my country doesn't offer me what US is offering. At the same time u talk abt begging licence and on the other hand u wanna be grateful for them to letting u work in US. No one is doing favor on anyone.......it's give and take situation...
So pls don't generalize your situation.......
Frenz

charlesjain
10-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Hey guys,

We were talking about TOEFL-iBT in this thread. So plz. concentrate on the topic. Don't be after any particular person. Everyone has the right to express their view.

Thanks.

FPGEE_DESPERATE
10-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Hi FPGEE desperate
It seems you are very disappointed from your country but proudly I'm not. I'm Indian and don't think my country doesn't offer me what US is offering. At the same time u talk abt begging licence and on the other hand u wanna be grateful for them to letting u work in US. No one is doing favor on anyone.......it's give and take situation...
So pls don't generalize your situation.......
Frenz
Frenzgood:
I am very proud of my country but my country does not offer me as many opportunities as the usa, I would go back to my country if they offered me one third of what pharmacists in the us get. Read carefully what i wrote, i am against begging or negotiating my license... I am not generalizing and i do not think the discussion should be personalized here. Good luck.

frenzgood
10-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi FPGEE desperate
I didn't intend to personalize it but everyone shd understand that many of my friends can never become Pharmacist bcoz of this high speaking score. One of my syrian friend cleared fpgee last year but she could not clear IBT after many attempts. As far as my standing is concerned last time I gave IBT i got 27,28,28 in R,L and W but got 23 iin speaking?? InshAllah I'd clear it next time....
I apologise if I hurt any one...
Frenz

FPGEE_DESPERATE
10-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Frenzgood and all:
you will pass, it's just a matter of time and practice. We have overcome more than just a speaking test and we will overcome this iBT, inchallah. Read KingTut's blog please, it's very helpful. I refuse to believe that this test will stop me or any of us. Keep trying and xhange strategy, it will work inchAllah.
Good luck

KingTuT
10-12-2006, 11:28 PM
hi guys,

although i understand ur feelings towards this speaking nightmare, i am not sure whether nabp will consider ur problem . i don't mean to dissapoint u BUT for them they already gave thousands of certificates to others who made it (almost all of them r not native english speakers).
so from their point of veiw it may b diffecult but not impossible .

another point is that i personally think that nabp doesn't want things to b easier, on the conterary they r making things more diffecult every time ,
if u remember in the past they accepted 4 year bachelor degree, NOW NOOOOOOOOO:mad:.
in the past they used 2 evaluate documents, NOW ECE:yuck:.
some of my friends told me that FPGEE itself was much more easiers few years ago.

Guys u can give this anti-ibt move a try, but don't expect much from nabp, coz this has been their policy for years.

I think the best thing to do now is to work on ur english, i sware guys it is not impossible, we r all non americans , & these speaking tests r not meant to measure how excellent u r at english , they only need some 1 who will b able to communicate with others .

before taking my tse , i felt it is impossible to make it , but i joined tse sub-forum in test magic & it was very helpful.Speaking test is not diffecult , u should only know the secrets of the test.

Alhamdolellah i got 50 first attempt .

here r all what i collected & used for tse(ofcourse with the help of my husband:D, he works at a british company), they r postes from old members & some threads. just hit the below link.

TSE is about to die (http://blog.pharmainfo.net/kingtut/2006/09/tse_is_about_to_die.html)

also use this
http://www.urch.com/forums/tse/33675-all-17th-sept-let-us-do-template-tse-answers-here.html

another thing i want 2 add regarding accent, it is not necessary that u have a perfect accent but i noticed that some nations have problems with certain english sounds .
for example french & egyptians some times have diffeculty with the sound(TH). some indians i think have diffeculty in pronouncing (T).
so don't expect the rater to give u good mark when u say sank u instead of thank u :rolleyes:. so if u have this kind of problem, u should work on it first

i hope this will help u all.
feel free to ask about any thing regarding this issue.
i really wish that all of u do it & get ur certificates soooooooon :tup:.