PDA

View Full Version : Official Guide for GMAT Review and PowerPrep 3.0: Questions

hensus78
01-04-2002, 07:40 PM
Q: Are the questions in the Official Guide (OG) the same as the questions in the PowerPrep? Do I need to buy the Official Guide/OG if I already have the PowerPrep? What's the difference between the Official Guide/OG and the PowerPrep?

Hi,

I just need to ask you about this guide. Are you saying that all the questions that are in this GMAT book exist in the Powerprep 3.0 as well?

Please let me know. Thanks

Hensus

Erin
01-04-2002, 11:07 PM
Yes, both products use the same set of questions.

Here's what I wrote on Amazon.com:

If you want to save some money, and don't mind the inconvenience of reading the questions in the software, you can actually download the official GMAT software for free from the official web site; all the questions that appear in this book also appear in the free software. The main difference is that you don't have the same easy access to the questions that you have when you buy the book.

And here's what GMAT says:

All of the multiple-choice questions in GMAT POWERPREP® 3.0 software appear in this guide. But, unlike POWERPREP, the guide provides additional Analytical Writing Assessment topics and does not limit you to reviewing only those questions delivered by the computer-adaptive test.

Hope that helps!!

hensus78
01-07-2002, 04:06 PM
So, may I know other than the easy access, what other advantage of the book?
Thanks.

Hensus

Erin
01-07-2002, 05:10 PM
Honestly, I don't think there are any other than the obvious ones; it's really just a matter of personal preference whether one prefers to work with software or a book.

diehard800
07-28-2008, 08:15 AM
i dont think so