PDA

View Full Version : Reprinted from another Toefl forum

Tseprep
11-09-2006, 03:38 PM
for speaking:

In Q #3-6 you have to manage your time, either 50:50 or 30 sec:30 sec or 1/3:1/3:1/3 in questions #5 (What is the problem? What is the 2 possible solution? and What would you do or what should the student do?)

To recap: Q#3 50:50 (reading:conversation)
Q#4 50:50 (Reading:Lecture)
Q#5 1/3:1/3:1/3 (Problem:2 solution:What you should or student should do)
Q#6 1/3:1/3:1/3 (Summerize: Example or point 1: Example or point 2)

Tseprep
11-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Have you taken the test yet?

I am sure that I failed on the other tests first because I didnīt give examples from my personal experience when I answered the first 2 questions, and second because I spent a long time summarizing the reading passage and it turned out that I didnīt have time to answer the question.

Bye

Your personal example is important, but guess what? You can make up your example! If you tell them you came to America to study English when you were a boy (or girl), do you think they (ETS or the Raters) will call your parents or the US State department to check to see if you did study English when you were young?

frenzgood
11-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Hi Tseprep
I had my 3rd attempt on Nov 4. Believe me questions were easy but still I'm not confident!! Reason for this is that every time i get nervous when i start speaking section. I know I can speak the language descently but when it comes to IBT speaking .........I mess it up....
Anyways I've not given up hopes on Nov 4th exam and waiting for result...
U guys just pray for me...
Frenz

Tseprep
11-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Hi Tseprep
I had my 3rd attempt on Nov 4. Believe me questions were easy but still I'm not confident! Reason for this is that every time i get nervous when i start speaking section. I know I can speak the language descently but when it comes to IBT speaking .........I mess it up....
Anyways I've not given up hopes on Nov 4th exam and waiting for result...
U guys just pray for me...
Frenz

When you give your answer, you have to speak with confidence, if your voice is too low (we tend to speak in a lower voice, when we are not confident.) they will give you a lower score. Good luck with your results for Nov 4 and if you need to take it again, practice speaking out loud with confidence.

frenzgood
11-10-2006, 05:22 AM
Thanks Tseprep
I wish I dont have to give it again.
Frenz

vaishu_sathya
11-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Hi everyone,

some more for practice
1. If some one from other country coming to your country, you have to serve a meal. What kind of food and arrangements will you do for him?

2. some like to get infos from books, others will use computers to geather infos through the internet. Which one do you prefer and why? use reasons and examples.

essay: observing or studying animals activity wil help us to study human nature. Do you agree or disagree?