PDA

View Full Version : My Test Cancelled ...Poor ETS Organisation

Ricky
08-24-2003, 03:28 PM
Let me Give you my experience with the test on 23 august.

My test centre was Kingston in Canada. I live in Quebec, Canada and they don't have a centre in this part of Canada. I took a bus on 22 evening and reached Kingston at 4:00 am. The test was as usual at 8:30 am. I was the first to enter the test centre at 7:00 am. It took some time for me to find a room. Then at 8:00, a person from ETS arrived and asked that today he may have to cancel the test at this test center. The reason was that the centre did not recieve the full test material. Listening part (cassettes) were missing. At 8:15 after contacting ETS by phone, he finally decided to cancel the test.

This shows a poor organisation of ETS.

It was really a bad news for all of us at the centre. Everyone at the centre was depressed after this news. I am really very angry with ETS.

I spent 100 dollars to travel from my place Sherbrooke (Quebec) to Kingston and all in vain. ETS will now reschedule the test and again I have to spend 100 dollars more.

I think ETS is responsible for the loss of money and time. I should be reimbursed,in fact, everyone who came from distant places should be reimbursed for their loss of money and time. Everyone was cursing ETS for their poor organisation. Money is also an important factor. Already we have to spend 120 dollars for taking the test and on the top of that this loss.... bloody ****.

Erin and All my Dear friends now you tell Am I right or not ?

So, this was about experience with ETS and their Toefl test. Anyone else in the same boat.....?

Ricky

coh
08-24-2003, 06:40 PM
Hi Ricky,

There are a lot of unfair phenomenon in the world, like TOEFL test. ETS is always right. However, I remember an old saying "the road to happiness is strewn with setbacks", so I believe you can get a higher score.
:)

Erin
08-24-2003, 08:47 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I know it seems unfair, but I don't think ETS will offer to cover any of your expenses. If it makes you feel better, we've heard worse stories from other members--people who had traveled for a day or two to the closest test center. And one of my students had to postpone her admission by one year because of an ETS mistake.

So let's hope that the extra time allows you to get a higher score! :D