11-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Anyone could plz explain difference between
Coinsurance and copayment
Since studing management only from questions, no time for book

Q 415 in Manan Q&A book
Whr did this calculation come from…it gave same answer as 413

Also in book thr is a note
Cost compliment%+markup%=100%
Anybody passed an example on this eq application?

I am getting tense, countdown has started
wish u all the best in studing

khadija
11-15-2006, 01:38 AM

Q 415 in Manan Q&A book

Cheryy,
you will found the answer in management book in the back page 187, at least read these difinitions I think 2 days will be enough for you to go through the whole book, so management is an important part I don't think it will be safe to not read it.
god bless

monaellakany
11-15-2006, 05:52 AM
look cherry
copayment is when u take a medicine using a prescription u will not have to paythe whole price only fixed amount of mony $3 for brand name and $1 for generic one and the rest price is paid by the insurance compny this type is present in certain health plans in medicaid i do not know the other insurance
coinsurance is when u contract with the health insuracethere is agreement betweenu that u will sharing the payment for the health system example u will pay 20 % and the insurance will pay 80% and i think this type requireto pay deductible which is fixed payment in each year to mentainthe insurance
i hope u get it

cherryfda
11-15-2006, 05:17 PM
thanks alot dear
u mean in copayments thy dont pay deductibles? this was my concern in difference.

thanks alot kahdija, but time is flying hv to go thrugh questions first.

monaellakany
11-15-2006, 07:25 PM
i do not know exactly i think it depend on type of insurance as both are separate concept as copayment is related to how they dealing with prescription only but the coinsurance is about the medical service like operations or hospitalization and may be the prescription service go under this also according to the agreement

khadija
11-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Could you please tell me if are we gonna hve to solve problems in management and statistics like those in Q&A manashroff if not I don't want to waist my time trying to figure out how they got the results.

thanks alot, may god help all of us in dec 2th

liquid
11-15-2006, 09:30 PM
On occasion, these terms have been used interchangeably. However, it is preferable to define the two terms differently, despite their similarity of purpose. Under a copayment or copay provision, the insured usually is required to pay a set or fixed dollar amount (e.g., $10, $20, or $30) each time a particular medical service is used. Copay provisions are frequently found in medical plans offered by health maintenance organizations (HMOs) where a nominal copayment is applied to each office visit and to each prescription that is filled.

Copayment: A copayment, or copay, is a flat dollar amount paid for a medical service by an insured. Insurance companies use copayments to share health care costs.

Coinsurance: In the US insurance market, coinsurance is the joint assumption of risk between the insurer and the insured.
Coinsurance is expressed as a percentage or pair of percentages generally with the insurer's portion stated first. The maximum percentage the insured will be responsible for is generally no more than 50%. Coinsurance indicates how an insurer and an insured will share the costs of a bill that exceeds the insurance policy's deductible up to the policy's stop loss. Once the insured's out-of-pocket expenses equal the stop loss the insurer will assume responsibility for 100% of any additional costs.

Deductible: In an insurance policy, the deductible or excess is the portion of any claim that is not covered by the insurance provider. It is normally quoted as a fixed amount and is a part of most policies covering losses to the policy holder. The deductible must be "met", that is, paid by the insured, before the benefits of the policy can apply.

Q 415 in Manan Q&A book

monaellakany
11-16-2006, 03:35 AM
salam khadija,
i notice in the study guide from nabp that ther is qs in about calcs in management but it small one my advice to u is to gather the equation in one paper mostly in economic and financial parts in manan book do not be tired they are pretty easy to memorize
about statistics i do not know any way my advice also is concentrate on statistic part in 1000qs& answers
enshaa allah khir

khadija
11-16-2006, 03:55 AM
salam khadija,
i notice in the study guide from nabp that ther is qs in about calcs in management but it small one my advice to u is to gather the equation in one paper mostly in economic and financial parts in manan book do not be tired they are pretty easy to memorize
about statistics i do not know any way my advice also is concentrate on statistic part in 1000qs& answers
enshaa allah khir

thanks Mona,
Im gathering so much information in my note book that im ending with another CPR in my papers.
could you please check the question number 470 in Mana Q&A why the answer is conjugaison and not transduction could you explain it please.
yarab khir enshallah

monaellakany
11-16-2006, 06:36 AM
dear khadija
i do not want u to go through a lot of details make it simply like that:
1-conjucation:
done by plasmid they choose specific gene that produce the desired protein for example insulin gene to prepare insulin protein and attach it to the plasmid like cut and paste method then the new plasmid enter to the bacteria again for replication and the gene work to produce insulin and then it separated this is industry of insulin
2-transduction:
by bacteriophge it is like the concept of the virus attacking the cell
1st it attach tothe call walland then the genome or the DNA material enter the cell leaving the envelop outside then the bacteriophage DNA take the lead in the cell and destroy the cell DNA and later the cell either in lysis way or lysogenic way and give more bacteriophages some of them produce toxins
i do want to give u web sites better save ur time
i hope i explain it right to u

khadija
11-16-2006, 06:54 AM
[quote=monaellakany;393199]dear khadija
i do not want u to go through a lot of details make it simply like that:
1-conjucation:
done by plasmid they choose specific gene that produce the desired protein for example insulin gene to prepare insulin protein and attach it to the plasmid like cut and paste method then the new plasmid enter to the bacteria again for replication and the gene work to produce insulin and then it separated this is industry of insulin
2-transduction:
by bacteriophge it is like the concept of the virus attacking the cell
1st it attach tothe call walland then the genome or the DNA material enter the cell leaving the envelop outside then the bacteriophage DNA take the lead in the cell and destroy the cell DNA and later the cell either in lysis way or lysogenic way and give more bacteriophages some of them produce
thank you mona.

khadija
11-16-2006, 11:08 AM
could you explain to me please in question 491 manashroff hpw good pasteur diseas is NOT an organ specific autoimmune disorder . when CPR has this syndrom under titlle ORGAN SPECIFIC AUTOIMMUNITIES
this Q&A book is going to drive me crazy
thank you for your reply

Pharm D
11-16-2006, 03:09 PM
could you explain to me please in question 491 manashroff hpw good pasteur diseas is NOT an organ specific autoimmune disorder . when CPR has this syndrom under titlle ORGAN SPECIFIC AUTOIMMUNITIES
this Q&A book is going to drive me crazy
thank you for your reply

Don't be panic! You'll pass the exam.
You are right. Goodpasture's syndrom is an organ specific autoimmune disorder.

Good luck!:grad:

cherryfda
11-16-2006, 03:29 PM
thanks liquid for great explanation

Dear khadija hope these videos links help

Transduction is the process by which bacterial DNA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA) is moved from one bacterium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacterium) to another by a virus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virus). When bacteriophages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phage) (viruses that infect bacteria) infect a bacterial cell, their normal mode of reproduction is to harness the DNA replication machinery of the host bacterial cell and make numerous copies of their own DNA or RNA. These copies of bacteriophage DNA or RNA are then packaged into newly synthesized copies of bacteriophage virions (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virions).
http://www.maxanim.com/microbiology/Specialized%20Transduction%20by%20Temperate%20Phag e/Specialized%20Transduction%20by%20Temperate%20Phag e.htm (http://www.maxanim.com/microbiology/Specialized%20Transduction%20by%20Temperate%20Phag e/Specialized%20Transduction%20by%20Temperate%20Phag e.htm)

Transformation is the genetic alteration of a cell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_%28biology%29) resulting from the introduction, uptake and expression of foreign genetic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene) material (DNA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA) or RNA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA)).
http://www.maxanim.com/microbiology/Bacterial%20Transformation/Bacterial%20Transformation.htm (http://www.maxanim.com/microbiology/Bacterial%20Transformation/Bacterial%20Transformation.htm)

Bacterial conjugation is the transfer of genetic material between bacteria through cell-to-cell contact. http://www.maxanim.com/microbiology/Bacterial%20Conjugation/Bacterial%20Conjugation.htm (http://www.maxanim.com/microbiology/Bacterial%20Conjugation/Bacterial%20Conjugation.htm)

cherryfda
11-16-2006, 04:00 PM
by the way anybody finds mistakes in Q&A book please send so as to pay attention to them

try to pass
11-16-2006, 04:28 PM
the only non organ specific autoimmune diseases are SLE, drug induce lupus, RA , Sjoren syndrome, polymyositis..
Good pasteur syndrome and glomeronephritis are organ specific (Kidney)

There are a lot of mistakes in this book.

monaellakany
11-16-2006, 07:46 PM
yes u right try to pass we should study carefully
best of luck inshaa allah

khadija
11-16-2006, 08:04 PM
thanks alot Cherry, another thing I had found Q 127 it asks about the major side effect of chloromphenicol the answer bone marrow suppression anemia while the CPR says RARELY the cloromphenicole can induce anemia
and the majore is gray baby
question 111 the benzodiazepin Alprazolam is safe for geriardic. the table in CPR chapter 35 fourth edition drug .. pediatric and geriartric Alprazolam figure among the drugs should not be taken by old people.
plus the book has so many structures mistakes , spelling mistakes...
don't know how manashroff didn't review his book before to edit it.

regards
khadija

monaellakany
11-16-2006, 08:26 PM
this is right khadija cloramphenicol cause a plasic anemia and bone marrow suprssion
i will chech the bzs and get back to u

cherryfda
11-16-2006, 09:17 PM
thanks alot Cherry, another thing I had found Q 127 it asks about the major side effect of chloromphenicol the answer bone marrow suppression anemia while the CPR says RARELY the cloromphenicole can induce anemia
question 111 the benzodiazepin Alprazolam is safe for geriardic. the table in CPR chapter 35 fourth edition drug .. pediatric and geriartric Alprazolam figure among the drugs should not be taken by old people.

regards
khadija

dear khadija about Q 127 other side effects is not for it so its the only choice applicable
but u r right major side effect is bone marrow suppression and gray baby syndrom.
and about Q 111 i dont know, but I didnt look or study at chapter 35:doh:
but from explanations of other questions after looks like if drug long acting its always more harmfull for elderly...this is my own conclusion

u should also be carful for unit conversions he(sombody told me Manan is a she??) dont always do them right he might change mcg to mg and forget that thr is L and ml to convert, I have seen this in calculation book.

I agree w u some Q's r not written right or u might not clearly understand wht dose he mean by this untill u read the answer.
but important question we should point out if wrong
and thank u for paying my attention to the organ specific and non specific hypersensitivity.

best wishes in ur studies

khadija
11-16-2006, 09:30 PM
dear khadija about Q 127 other side effects is not for it so its the only choice applicable
but u r right major side effect is bone marrow suppression and gray baby syndrom.
and about Q 111 i dont know, but I didnt look or study at chapter 35:doh:
but from explanations of other questions after looks like if drug long acting its always more harmfull for elderly...this is my own conclusion

u should also be carful for unit conversions he(sombody told me Manan is a she?) dont always do them right he might change mcg to mg and forget that thr is L and ml to convert, I have seen this in calculation book.

I agree w u some Q's r not written right or u might not clearly understand wht dose he mean by this untill u read the answer.
but important question we should point out if wrong
and thank u for paying my attention to the organ specific and non specific hypersensitivity.

best wishes in ur studies

check this out. question 553. the answer is b
first of all where is phenol group there, when it is a substitut it become phenyl
second if they say acetyl . then where is another keton group
thirt let's say that we have all this componement how they put the fonctionl group keton the last one when it should be a substitut or we add suffixe one if it is the only fonctional group.
the answer should be C but there is also a problem there. it should be acetyl benzene not acetyl benzyl yl in benzene means it is a substitut.

any second opininon please. im quite sure that the answer is difinitely should not be B
cherryfa mona , I know that chlromhenicol has bone marrow supression so anemia as a side effect , just I didn't like the word MAJOR side effect.
im so picky im expecting manashroff to put the words that will fit me :D
thanks alot for you support im so glad Im not the only one going through this.
god bles you

gigs
11-16-2006, 10:03 PM
hey i don't have manan 1000 questions book and i don't have time to procure it now. as less than 15 days for exam. do u think its really important to have it? although i have manan's theoryy book. but think that these questions are really important to go thru.
please suggest what to do?

mtvua
11-16-2006, 10:33 PM

regards
khadija
from what I read major side effect of chloramphenicol is aplastic anemia, very serious side effect. so it is used very rarely, e.g. in rocky mountain spotted fever.
grey baby syndrom was in 1950's. at that time they didn't know that babies don't have enzyme to metabolize this drug, enzyme glucuronidase ( I am not sure). so it was practically overdose and aplastic anemia in baby.
but now it is well known fact, so i think nobody gives this drug to a baby.
but aplastic anemia(bone marrow stops producing any cell, you practically need bone marrow transplant) still is serious side effect that limits use of this drug.
with regard to benzodiazepin Alprazolam, these drugs can cause ataxia in elderly, they can fall, break femoral bone and die in 6 months. so it is not a good drug in elderly. ( it is not my invention:) i heard about it on audio-digest CD)
mannan shroff ask sometimes unimportant facts about drugs that have serious side effects like q 586. who cares about side effect after prolonged use if this drug is indicated only for short therapy and its major side effect is fatal ventricular arrhythmia.
Indications And Clinical Uses: For the short-term management of severe congestive heart failure. Because of limited experience and potential for serious adverse effects (see Adverse Effects), amrinone should only be used in patients who can be closely monitored and have not responded adequately to digitalis, diuretics, and/or vasodilators. It has been used concomitantly with other agents including digitalis, diuretics, and vasodilators.

so this book is far from perfect, but better then nothing.
I think best questions for practice is pre-fpgee. so if somebody remember qs from pre-fpgee and real exam, please post.

cherryfda
11-17-2006, 03:17 PM
check this out. question 553. the answer is b
first of all where is phenol group there, when it is a substitut it become phenyl

in cases of IUPAC u can say ketone at the end but have to say both ends as -yl groups
so correct answer for this Q is
phenyl methyl keton
I just looked it up on google its also called acetophenone
also 1-phenyl ethanone

khadija
11-17-2006, 10:47 PM
in cases of IUPAC u can say ketone at the end but have to say both ends as -yl groups
so correct answer for this Q is
phenyl methyl keton
I just looked it up on google its also called acetophenone
also 1-phenyl ethanone

phenyl methyl keton makes sens but where is the phenol group there . are they calling benzen phenol??

khadija
11-18-2006, 12:25 AM
phenyl methyl keton makes sens but where is the phenol group there . are they calling benzen phenol?

I was hugely mistaken , phenyl is any benzen with R substitut it should not be necessarely OH group , again your nemenclature is correct but still mana shroff responce is wrong according to your explaination. Thanks again. learning process has no end, just let's pray hard to pass this test with a little knowledge that we have