PDA

View Full Version : visa

mtvua
11-16-2006, 02:54 PM
I plan to take FPGEE june 2007. I have a question about visa. I thought if you go to US to sit on the exam, you will have more chances to receive visa than if you go there as a turist or visit your relatives. but may be I am wrong. If somebody could share his experience about receiving visa. how embassy officials look at that you go to sit on the exam, is it positive, negative, or doesn't play any role? is it better to tell or not to tell in the embassy that I plan to take an exam?
thank you.

try to pass
11-16-2006, 04:33 PM
it depends on your country.. My friend told them about the test and also that his brother is going to sponsor him and he got it that was in Egypt 2002

mtvua
11-16-2006, 05:12 PM
thank you very much! this information really helped me.

try to pass
11-16-2006, 06:35 PM
You are welcome
But you do not take anything as absolute
you have to manage your situation with care and intelligence
there are a lot of other factors affecting their decision
I just want you to be in a good shape when you apply for the visa
after all usa is a great land full of opportunities, just pray
wish you you all the best

mtvua
11-16-2006, 09:16 PM
thank you for your advice.
I was worried about making my situation worse by telling about the exam. but as I understand it is not a major factor in their decision.
but I still don't have clear ideas about what documents I will prepare for visa. If you go to US as a turist you have to prove close ties with your country like work contract, appartment, bank account.
but if you say that you go for the exam, that means you want to live and work in US, so those ties worth nothing.
so if somebody knows what additional document you can prepare, please share you thoughts:)