PDA

View Full Version : 197 - 253 (Final 253 Writing 6.0)

hoper
08-27-2003, 06:16 AM
I finally finished it a few hours ago.
L - 23 (little lower than my avg. which is 24-25)
S - 9 - 27 :((I usually get 28-30 in PP)
R - 26 :((Most disappointing since I usually get 27-30 during preparation)
So range is 197 - 253.

For the listening, it is really crazy. You know, there were [/SIZE]49 Qs[/SIZE]. My concentration is not that good, though I can hear most of them, at the same time, forget some of the info.
For the reading part, up til now, I really don't know what my problems are. After I went thru all, I think I can get at least 28. It's not difficult, and there was about 40 mins left after I finished all of the Qs. Perhaps, I should suggest all the test takers to go through all the Qs before clicking "Proceed".
I am very anxious about whether I can get 250. Otherwise, I have to cut all the top schools from my list of graduate schools (Economics).
Sigh!!

An Min
08-27-2003, 06:44 AM
Hello, hoper.
Nice to see your scores, which are really great.

Originally posted by hoper

I finally finished it a few hours ago. For the listening, it is really crazy. You know, there were [/SIZE]49 Qs[/SIZE]. My concentration is not that good, though I can hear most of them, at the same time, forget some of the info.

Year, it is unfair for you to do so many listening questions.

L - 23 (little lower than my avg. which is 24-25)
S - 9 - 27 :((I usually get 28-30 in PP)
R - 26 :((Most disappointing since I usually get 27-30 during preparation)
So range is 197 - 253.
I am very anxious about whether I can get 250. Otherwise, I have to cut all the top schools from my list of graduate schools (Economics).
Sigh!!

Don't worry, you still have changes to get 250, if your essay score is above 5.5. I think you can do so, because your writing skill is highly trained, even in GRE, you also can get such high score in writing.

Crossing fingers and Waiting your satisfied score.

hoper
08-28-2003, 02:51 AM
An Min
Really thanks.....if it's not above, I really need to take it again. But in the meantime, I need to prepare for the GRE writing. How's your preparation?
Hoper

An Min
08-28-2003, 04:40 AM

I need to prepare for the GRE writing. How's your preparation?
Hoper

Hello, Hoper.
My preparation for the GRE is not smooth as I planed.
I tried to remember thousands vocabuliries, but I cannot keep my pace.

if it's not above, I really need to take it again. But in the meantime, I need to prepare for the GRE writing.
I have seen many pieces of advice that say the best way of preparation for the GRE and TOEFL tests is studying GRE previously and doing TOEFL later. So, I put my most time to study GRE and to try the test in the next month. Eventually, I will to get my TOEFL test once again as soon as I finished my GRE test. I believe the method will improve my TOEFL score.

hoper
08-29-2003, 04:23 AM
An Min
Ha.....I hope and I don't want to retake the test. They're too expensive. I'm still thinking of whether I should retake my GRE. U know, I got 510/760/4 a year ago. Quantitative part is really not enough since it is below 90%. So sad, I don't know when I can throw them all away!
Hoper

hoper
09-16-2003, 07:09 AM
Hi all
Finally received my score.
My writing is 6.0 leading to to 253.
Thanks all TM magician

zulfinho
09-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Hi Hoper,

How long does it take for you to receive the actual score?

An Min
09-17-2003, 01:51 AM

Hi all
Thanks all TM magician

Hello, Hoper!!
You have achieved your goal in the TOEFL test.
Congratulations!!!

Could you share your happiness with all TM magician, and continue to help us with your experience?

With best regards.

hoper
09-17-2003, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by zulfinho

Hi Hoper,

How long does it take for you to receive the actual score?

Hi, zulfinho
I took it on 8.27 and got it on 9.15. That is about 2.5 weeks.

Hello, Hoper!!
You have achieved your goal in the TOEFL test.
Congratulations!!!

Could you share your happiness with all TM magician, and continue to help us with your experience?

With best regards.

Hi, An min
Thanks for your encouragement. I'll try to contribute my effort to the writing part. (This is the only part that I am confident with. I'm afraid that I would give the wrong answers in L/S/R.:D)
Also, I am glad to help you all if you guys and gals have Qs!

MoizManji
09-17-2003, 01:22 PM

Hi all
Thanks all TM magician

Hi Hoper

Congrats on getting the score you wanted. U deserved it! Lets hope u get into the school u wanted to go.

Good Luck

-- Moiz Manji

hoper
09-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by MoizManji

Hi all
Thanks all TM magician

Hi Hoper

Congrats on getting the score you wanted. U deserved it! Lets hope u get into the school u wanted to go.

Good Luck

-- Moiz Manji

Thanks Moiz Manji! But up til now, I don't know which school I want to go!:D

MoizManji
09-18-2003, 09:16 AM
Hi

Then decide quickly coz time is running out. I've decided which Universities to apply to a year before my scheduled start of study and, am planning my goals to suit those universities.

This really helps and reduces your tension!

hoper
09-18-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by MoizManji

Hi

Then decide quickly coz time is running out. I've decided which Universities to apply to a year before my scheduled start of study and, am planning my goals to suit those universities.

This really helps and reduces your tension!

Thanks for your advice. But I am now studying Master (Econ) in HK right now. It makes me terribly busy. I have some ideas actually. Canada will be a good choice.