PDA

View Full Version : regarding adverse reactions

colu
11-29-2006, 01:01 AM
hey dear friends,
i made flashcards for the drugs that made same adverse reactions. for example, which drugs cause hemolytic anemia?
so, if any body wants to know about that then let me know.:tup:

khadija
11-29-2006, 01:22 AM
hey dear friends,
i made flashcards for the drugs that made same adverse reactions. for example, which drugs cause hemolytic anemia?
so, if any body wants to know about that then let me know.:tup:

thanks for the suggestion, how will you post your cards here for us

bva
11-29-2006, 03:00 AM
Dear Colu,

I would love to see that. [goodjob]

colu
11-29-2006, 03:53 PM
i think , right now it is not possible to post those cards to you, as it takes time. but you just tell me about which advese effect you want to know and i just give reply to you.

try to pass
11-29-2006, 04:46 PM
phenytoin and nitro glycerin

colu
11-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Phenytoin- main adverse effcts are gingival hyperplasia, SJS, lupus erythematous, N & V , swalloen glands, bleeding, granulocytopenia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, feve, sore throat, jaundice. alcoholic beverages should be avoided while on this medication. also hypeglycemia and increased body hair.
Nitroglycerin-headaches are most common( acetaminophen ingested 15-30 minutes before nitrate administration may prevent the headache) also increase heart rate and decrease BP.

DEAR FRIENDS I DID'T MAKE MYCARDS IN THIS WAY, BUT IN THIS WAY . FOR EXAMPLE,
some of the drugs that cause primary anovulation or amenorrhea
anabolic steroids,danazol, INH, risperidone,spironolactone.

try to pass
11-29-2006, 05:05 PM
that was very helpfull
so what drugs can cause stomatitis?
and liver enzyme elevation?
thanks colu

colu
11-29-2006, 05:22 PM
stomatitis- by aspirin, auranofin,barbiturates,captopril,proguanil,cytotix ic drugs,griseofulvin, INF-a,INH, sulfasalazine,lefunomide,nicorandil,NSAIDS,penicil lamine

cause liver enzyme induction-that you can see in manan's book (as right now i don't have that one)

liquid
11-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Any agent that damages the liver may cause elevations of the liver enzymes. Obesity (fatty deposits in liver cells), over-the-counter medications, prescription medications, alcohol, viral hepatitis, systemic or local infection, traumatic injury, excessively high temperature in the hot tub, hemolysis, environmental toxins of biologic or organic origin, food contaminants, fungal or bacteria toxins and /or heavy metals may cause liver damage. Liver enzyme elevations are often idiopathic (of unknown cause).

A host of medications can cause abnormal liver enzymes levels. Examples include:
Pain relief medications such as aspirin, acetaminophen (Tylenol), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), neproxen (Narosyn), diclofenac (Voltaren), and phenybutazone (Butazolidine).
Anti-seizure medications such as phenytoin (Dilantin), valproic acid, carbamazepine (Tegretol), and Phenobarbital.
Antibiotics such as the tetracyclines, sulfonamides, isoniazid (INH), sulfamethoxazole, trimethoprim, nitrofurantoin, etc.
Cholesterol lowering drugs such as the "statins" (Mevacor, Pravachol, Lipitor, etc.) and niacin.
Cardiovascular drugs such as amiodarone (Cordarone), hydralazine, quinidine, etc.
Anti-depressant drugs of the tricyclic type.

Liver fibrosis, due to lipid lowering medications such as pravastatin
Liver enzymes elevation is seen with antiretroviral therapy with ritonavir, Nevirapine,

Liver alanine transaminase (ALAT) levels with ximelagatran (oral agent in the new class of direct thrombin inhibitors.)

Gamma glutamyl peptidyl transferase (GGT) elevations is occasionally due to use of Tylenol (Acetaminophen), anticonvulsants and oral contraceptives

Hereditary haemochromatosis is a common genetic disease causing mildly elevated ALT/AST.

Wilson's disease, alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency, coeliac disease can cause a rise in transaminases.

that was very helpfull
so what drugs can cause stomatitis?
and liver enzyme elevation?
thanks colu

colu
11-29-2006, 06:13 PM
thanks liquid, it's so nice.

try to pass
11-29-2006, 06:50 PM
i did nt mean enzymes i meant liver test like LDH , ast ,
e.g valproic acid

kavee
11-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Hey guys I made a small classification of drugs...try to just look at it.I know its not the correct time.but hope it helps......

try to pass
11-29-2006, 07:13 PM
i did i like it it is like you are brain storming pharmacology

khadija
11-29-2006, 07:16 PM
thanks liquid, it's so nice.

very good job colu, so orgonized!!!!!!!! it is a good way for success:tup: :tup: [clap] [clap]

gigs
11-30-2006, 12:47 AM
colu that was really great :tup: . u r really helping us alot. can u post more drugs like that aws these r really great for revision

fizzbizz
11-30-2006, 02:16 AM
thanks a lot colu...nice job...u have got ur grip on cology...:grad:

fafy
11-30-2006, 02:51 AM
Why did you put chlorpropamide in diuretics?! It's an hypoglycemic.

khadija
11-30-2006, 07:25 AM
Why did you put chlorpropamide in diuretics?! It's an hypoglycemic.

I have read may be manan, that drugs with sulfo group induce some thing so patient suffring from some thing should not be taking sulfo group drugs,like sulfanilamid , diuretics.... do you know something about what im trying to remember.:hmm: :hmm:
thanks

fizzbizz
11-30-2006, 07:51 AM
yes its g6pd deficient people if they take quinines and sulfa drug get hemolysis

khadija
11-30-2006, 08:00 AM
yes its g6pd deficient people if they take quinines and sulfa drug get hemolysis

Fizzbizz,
thanks for staying up too late to answer my question:D

colu
11-30-2006, 03:12 PM
inhibirtors inducers
substrates cyp1a2 ciprofloxacin pheytoin
theophyline
fuoxetine
carbamazepine verapamil

nefazodones

propranolol
fluvoxamine

clozaril

cyp2c9
miconazole rifampin
amitriptyline
fluvastatin
phenytoin
warferin

clopidogrel carbamazepin phenytoin

fluconazole

losartan

celecoxib

cy2c19 ketoconazole rifampin
diazepam

INH

phenytoin

omeprazole

lansoprazole

cyp2d6 quinidine
N/A
amitiptyline
cimetidine

propafenone
haloperidole

codeine

fluoxetine

metoprolol
ritonavir

cyp2e1 cimetidine
rifampine
acetaminophen

alcohol
caffeine

INH
venlafexine

cyp3a erythromycine carbamazepine cisapride

ketoconazole phenobarbitol caffeine

saquinavir
prednisone lidocaine

omeprazole troglitazone ethylestradiol
verapamil

terfenadine

triazolam

amitryptyline

theophyline

cyclosporine

amlodipine

indinavir

saquinavir

cherryfda
11-30-2006, 03:18 PM
dear colu looks like this is a v valuble information but I think u was trying to paste a table it wont work unless u do attachment for the document
plz post its sooo imp
and thanks soooo much for ur help

colu
11-30-2006, 03:29 PM
inhibirtors inducers substrates cyp1a2 ciprofloxacin pheytoin theophyline fuoxetine carbamazepine verapamil nefazodones propranolol fluvoxamine clozaril cyp2c9 miconazole rifampin amitriptyline fluvastatin phenytoin warferin clopidogrel carbamazepin phenytoin fluconazole losartan celecoxib cy2c19 ketoconazole rifampin diazepam INH phenytoin omeprazole lansoprazole cyp2d6 quinidine N/A amitiptyline cimetidine propafenone haloperidole codeine fluoxetine metoprolol ritonavir cyp2e1 cimetidine rifampine acetaminophen alcohol caffeine INH venlafexine cyp3a erythromycine carbamazepine cisapride ketoconazole phenobarbitol caffeine saquinavir prednisone lidocaine omeprazole troglitazone ethylestradiol verapamil terfenadine triazolam amitryptyline theophyline cyclosporine amlodipine indinavir saquinavir(actually i tried to send this in table form but it not works, so, don't worry i will send this in proper way afterwards)

cherryfda
11-30-2006, 03:54 PM
inhibirtors inducers substrates cyp1a2 ciprofloxacin pheytoin theophyline fuoxetine carbamazepine verapamil nefazodones propranolol fluvoxamine clozaril cyp2c9 miconazole rifampin amitriptyline fluvastatin phenytoin warferin clopidogrel carbamazepin phenytoin fluconazole losartan celecoxib cy2c19 ketoconazole rifampin diazepam INH phenytoin omeprazole lansoprazole cyp2d6 quinidine N/A amitiptyline cimetidine propafenone haloperidole codeine fluoxetine metoprolol ritonavir cyp2e1 cimetidine rifampine acetaminophen alcohol caffeine INH venlafexine cyp3a erythromycine carbamazepine cisapride ketoconazole phenobarbitol caffeine saquinavir prednisone lidocaine omeprazole troglitazone ethylestradiol verapamil terfenadine triazolam amitryptyline theophyline cyclosporine amlodipine indinavir saquinavir(actually i tried to send this in table form but it not works, so, don't worry i will send this in proper way afterwards)
dear colu
u have first to save it as word doc on ur computer
then send it as attachment
thr is an attachment option when want to send something
and thanks alot
but since buzy packing to leave wish to hv them
plz send thm again
thank u

colu
11-30-2006, 04:00 PM
i am sorry, cherryfda, i tried, but i think i don't know.
actually, i saved it in the table form in word.
but don't know how to send an attachmend.
cna explain it me in detail, so that i can send it to all of you.

colu
11-30-2006, 04:15 PM
i think now i did it.

cherryfda
11-30-2006, 04:20 PM
thanks sooo much colu
u r of a great help when needed
will help u and giude u all when we come bk
my comp is starting to get crazy hope nothing happens to it:eek: